Java Engineer at SambaSafety
Who we are:
Hi, we’re SambaSafety and we offer the industry’s most comprehensive driver monitoring software. Our technology helps everyone from large corporations to small companies ensure only the safest individuals are driving on behalf of their business. These companies trust SambaSafety to keep their employees safe on the roads, helping protect their brand, greater community and bottom line. Simply put, we save lives and are on a mission to reduce crashes on American roadways 20 percent by 2025.
We’ve built an inclusive, supportive, and exceptional culture where every employee is empowered in their role. Don’t take our word for it; we’ve been recognized as a Top Workplace by The Denver Post and Built In Colorado. And our employees rate SambaSafety top-notch, with a rock solid 4.7-star rating on Glassdoor.
Our Enterprise Sales team’s goal is to continue to be the leader in world class risk management software. We’re looking for a need a new team member with enterprise sales and strategy experience. You will be responsible for maintaining and expanding SambaSafety’s enterprise partnerships and focused on establishing new clients for Samba.
What you’ll do
We are looking for a passionate full-stack Software Engineer to think critically, collaborate with product managers, and guide other engineers while designing, building, and installing software solutions. The successful candidate will be able to build high-quality, innovative and fully performing software in compliance with coding and technical design standards.
- Demonstrate 2+ years’ experience in full-stack web development
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code
- Integrate software components into a fully functional software system
- Develop software verification plans and quality assurance procedures
- Develop maintainable and scalable front-end and back-end architecture
- Translate design mock-ups and wireframes into front-end code that is responsive and cross-browser performant
- Develop functional databases, applications, and servers to support websites on the back end
- Develop and design RESTful services and APIs
- Ensure that non-functional requirements such as security, performance, maintainability, scalability, usability, and reliability are being considered when developing solutions.
- Tailor and deploy software tools, processes and metrics
- Comply with project plans and industry standards
- Serve as a subject matter expert
- Front end -> Vuejs, Vuetify
- Back end -> Java, spring boot, Postgres, relational database, NoSQL
How to step on the accelerator
- Solid Understanding of VueJs, React or similar front-end framework
- Solid Understanding of latest JS features (ES6 and newer)
- Experience with Front end build tools like Webpack
- Experience with web component libraries like Vuetify, Bootstrap, or equivalent
- Instincts for aesthetics in both visual and interaction design
- Expertise with modern web frameworks (e.g. VueJS, React, Spring Boot or similar frameworks)
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) Suite
- Experience with Git or other version control systems
- Strong knowledge of Linux, MySQL, with working understanding of MongoDB, PostgreSQL, and Node.js. or other equivalents
- The ability to design for large scale systems
- Strong collaboration, prioritization, and adaptability skills required
- Understanding of Agile software development concepts and processes
- Passionate about writing clean, well-organized, and production-ready code
- The ability to lead and mentor others in best practices
- Experience working with multi-site and/or offshore teams or team members
Experience that would also be a plus
- Microservices and/or Lambda
- Automated testing
- Continuous Integration
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Benefits and Perks:
- Unlimited Paid Time Off and Paid Volunteer Days
- 401k match and generous Healthcare Benefits including a fully employer paid family medical plan
- Wellness &Tuition Reimbursement
- Zoom Happy Hours
- Flexible Work From Home schedule & a Monthly Internet stipend
- Lots of Samba swag
- Samba Virtual Events including our famous Samba Sprint
Our team of talented and committed safety professionals is exceptional. At SambaSafety we strive to foster an inclusive culture that supports, encourages and celebrates a wide array of diversity. We are committed to create a space where all employees can show up as their authentic selves every day, and we work to advance employee equality, diversity and inclusion.
SambaSafety provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, and expression or genetics.
Come join us to find out for yourself what all the excitement is about!