Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Computer Science
Travel Percentage :
Who Are We:
FIS connects consumers to their money through leading-edge payments solutions. We’re the development engine of FIS: the largest, Fortune 500, Fintech company in the world. Our solution is branded by our customers — banks and retailers — so you might not have heard of us. But, if you’ve used a mobile banking app, interacted with an ATM, or used a debit card to complete a financial transaction, you’re most likely using FIS software. Our product is one that touches the average consumer on a regular basis, and makes the financial world go ‘round. Headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida, FIS serves more than 20,000 clients in over 130 countries, and our technology powers billions of transactions annually that move over $9 trillion around the globe. FIS is a Fortune 500 company, ranked 392 on the Fortune 500 list and is a member of Standard & Poor’s 500® Index. Named a 2016 “World’s Most Admired Company” by Fortune Magazine.
About the team:
The Digital One Service Delivery team at FIS provides support for a new solution based on microservices architecture delivered in a containerized cloud-ready infrastructure. We will utilize the ITIL methodology to meet our Support objectives and to meet our client’s quality expectations. Our development stream leverages Agile and DevOps methodologies and this team will act as stewards of the production environment and be actively involved in code deployments. We are looking for talented resources to be a part of this dynamic team that will grow with the growth of the solution.
FIS is looking for a Technical Support Engineer that will work with a team of Engineers to identify our customers root problems and solve their issues. You will fix technical problems for customers with a mix of debugging, troubleshooting, updating documentation and coding. You will make improvements to the product, tools, processes and documentation to help customers seamlessly automate their business processes. Overall, we are looking for a mid-level Java developer who is experienced and interested in doing customer support work.
General Duties & Responsibilities:
• Provides application software development services or technical support typically in a defined project.
• Develops program logic for new applications or analyzes and modifies logic in existing applications.
• Codes, tests, debugs, documents, implements and maintains software applications.
• Maintains, tests and integrates application components.
• Makes recommendations towards the development of new code or reuse of existing code
• Ensures system improvements are successfully implemented.
• Demonstrates an understanding of FIS systems and the financial services industry.
• Analyzes requirements and translates business requirements into product designs.
• Writes technical specifications and other forms of documentation.
• Suggests technical alternatives and improves/streamlines processes and systems.
• Completes project assignments and special projects commensurate with job expectations.
• Conducts planning, analysis and forecasting activities to plan projects and tasks.
• May participate in component and data architecture design, performance monitoring, product evaluation and buy vs. build recommendations.
• May provide leadership and/or guidance to other technical professionals.
• Other related duties assigned as needed.
A Bachelor’s degree in computer science or information systems or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
- OS – Linux/UNIX
- jBoss experience, Application performance tuning experience
- Scripting – Shell, Perl, Python with experience with Chef or Ansible
- SQL and Database – Good SQL query writing skills with exposure to Oracle Databases
- Cloud experience – Supported platform running on Amazon AWS or Azure
- Good troubleshooting skills with basic networking knowledge.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.