Java Developer at Arrow Electronics, Inc.
At present, we have an excellent opportunity for a Java Developer in our Denver (Panorama), Colorado location. We are looking for a talented Java Developer with UI skills to join our team and play an integral role in the development and support of enterprise-level applications. You must be a self-starter and comfortable in a fast-paced environment. You will be asked to work on a wide variety of tasks from 100% new development to bug fixes and maintenance. This includes working with the business and the functional team and the technology areas to understand the requirements for IT development and support.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Design, develop and maintain complex, shared Enterprise Java services – security, logging, common APIs, and enforcing coding standards.
- Design, develop, enhance, and support Spring components such as Spring Boot, Spring Cloud, Spring Integration, Spring Data, and Spring Security.
- Design, build, and maintain complex, web applications enforcing coding standards.
- Optimize industry standard continuous integration pipeline using tools such as Jenkins, Artifactory, and Git for build automation. Enhance the existing CI/CD pipeline for containers and cloud-native deployments.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Apply industry best practices, patterns, and techniques to object-oriented software analysis and design.
- This role partners directly with the functional and business teams to identify, architect and deliver critical projects that leverage the latest technologies to build and enhance applications.
- This role is involved in providing end-user support including resolving incidents logged by the business users
- Maintaining and enhancing existing applications when needed
- Analyze and research new and existing products, procedures, processes within the IT space.
- Support the design, creation and maintenance of system interfaces between internal and external sources
- Acts as a mentor for colleagues with less experience.
- Typically resolves complex problems or problems where precedent may not exist.
- Works independently or in teams as required
- Serves as an expert within own discipline
- Work flexible schedule as necessary including coordinating with onsite-offsite development teams
What We Are Looking For
- 5-7 years of experience with Java development and OO concepts.
- 4 year degree in related field.
- Strong Java / J2EE experience and a sound understanding of Java container internals.
- Working knowledge of microservices architecture.
- Good knowledge of Spring, JPA / Hibernate, service discovery and REST.
- Expertise in deploying the Spring Application to application servers like WebLogic.
- Experience integrating UI with REST Webservices
- Experience in Data modeling
- Experience in providing solutions in various web applications functions and additional knowledge of related functions.
- Knowledge around different frameworks like AngularJs, EmberJS, Bootstrap or any custom styling framework.
- Experience in building custom applications on top of ERP applications (including data modeling, architecture, etc.).
- Knowledge and familiarity in underlying ERP applications database architecture.
- Experience in managing complexities of Project and Software Development Life Cycle Methodologies.
- Good development experience in responsive UI
- Knowledge of any industry-standard Custom web Portals.
- Experience applying Internationalization (i18n) and Localization (l10n) to web application UI’s
- Experience with Linux operating environment and command line
- Effective software and data troubleshooting skills
- Ability to analyze & resolve production support issues
- Experience working with IT operations and business teams to communicate problem impacts
- Capable of planning and organizing work and processes in a continuously moving support model.
- Self-Driven and ability to react to change and shifting priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment including the ability to work collaboratively with business users.
- High degree of technical aptitude over a broad scope of IT software, applications and IT architecture disciplines.
- Knowledge of Project and Software Development Life Cycle Methodologies
- Excellent communication and soft skills.
What’s In It For You
At Arrow, we recognize that financial rewards and great benefits are important aspects of an ideal job. That’s why we offer competitive financial compensation, including various compensation plans, and a solid benefits package.
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- 401k, With Matching Contributions
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Health Savings Account (HSA)/Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) Options
- Growth Opportunities
- Short-Term/Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Deeply discounted RTD Passes, with convenient office location off RTD Light Rail (Dry Creek Exit)
- On-site Café with Catering Option for Busy Lifestyles
- 24/7/365 On-site Gym and Lockers, Free for Use to All Employees!
- And more!