We are seeking an experienced Java Developer who is detail-oriented, organized, and passionate about technology to join the Java Center of Excellence. The growing IT staff works in a highly collaborative environment with a strong focus to continue to support FirstBank's commitment to our customers and employees.
The Java Applications Developer will develop, test, and implement software changes in a distributed applications environment according to existing software standards. Individuals in this position work as part of a team on medium-sized projects, and independently on smaller efforts. These efforts include the maintenance and modification of customer and internal facing applications. At times, responsibilities involve solving critical problems. All duties will be performed with minimal supervision.
As a Denver Post Top Workplaces award winner seven years in a row (2012-2018), FirstBank provides many great benefits for being a part of our family. From competitive salaries, employer-contributed retirement and health plans, some reduced fee banking services, paid time off, employer paid basic life insurance, short-term and long term disability policies, to holiday parties and more, you will be appreciated and made to feel at home at FirstBank.
FirstBank provides a high-paced work environment with different projects landing on your desk routinely. From building the back-end of new products, improving current products and designing internal systems, to managing our security systems, maintaining and improving infrastructure and much more, no week is the same. This is a challenging position that comes with great rewards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform coding, testing, and maintenance on programs
- Contribute to the design of various sized projects
- Provide support for systems and applications, with assistance as needed
- Handle critical problems with assistance
- Manage medium-sized projects, from analysis through implementation
- Maintain appropriate documentation
- Make suggestions for improving development processes
- Work with vendors, with supervision
- Pursue formal and informal educational opportunities to expand knowledge and improve skills
- Assist with, and contribute to, the technical direction of the Java Center of Excellence
- Continuously build and refine your Java environment
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS OF POSITION:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or other related field, and a minimum of 3 years of related experience.
- A combination of post-high school education, job related certification and related experience equivalent to 7 years, may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- A minimum of two years of professional experience with Java REST service development, design and associated tools
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS OF POSITION:
- Experience with the Jersey REST framework and developing Java REST services
- Understanding of Relational Databases, including Oracle
- Working knowledge of SOAP services
- Familiarity with the Apache Axis2 framework
- Experience with Agile development and Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery methodologies
- Strong knowledge of object-oriented technology and Java
- Experience with SQL
- Experience with testing tools such as Postman or Fiddler
- Working knowledge of Linux
- Experience with IBM WebSphere, Liberty, and Apache Tomcat
- Experience with Git/GitHub and/or other distributed version control systems
- Working knowledge of change control processes