IT Engineer: SugarCRM Server Administrator at MetrixIQ
Together, we help make education accessible and affordable across the US.
MetrixIQ is an innovative provider of business services and solutions to state and local governments and nonprofits. Founded in 2009, Metrix is a fast-growing company focused on collaborating with our clients to create smarter and more efficient operations. We are a small, diverse and passionate team committed to our clients’ success, and we offer a supportive environment with room to grow and to develop new skills. Together, we are committed to three primary values: Respect. Accountability. Outcomes.
Headquartered in the Five Points neighborhood of Denver, Metrix is currently looking for System Administrator support for a number of clients, including the Denver Preschool Program, the Cincinnati Preschool Promise, the Dayton Montgomery County Preschool Promise, and the Prosperity Denver Fund.
1. English Language Proficiency
2. United States Residency
3. Experience administering, installing, upgrading
a. LAMP (Linux, Apache httpd, MySQL, PHP)
b. SugarCRM & Laravel applications
c. ElasticSearch, memcached, and SFTP services
4. Deployment management for small systems including vcs management (git), staging, testing, rollback, and meeting metrics such as RPO, RTO, and MTTR.
5. AWS cloud experience including IAM, VPC, EC2, and ClientVPN
6. Server monitoring and logging
7. Proficiency with IT automation, eg using tools like ansible, puppet, chef, or terraform
8. Experience managing TLS certificates manually, via acme, and AWS Certificate Manager
9. Troubleshooting and debugging SugarCRM & Laravel environments
10. Comfortable using the CLI in a unix-like server environment
11. AWS cloud cost management
12. BS in a related field and 5+ years of relevant experience, or equivalent
You will be responsible for ensuring that our systems are up-to-date and maintaining a maintenance schedule that keeps them that way. You will be expected to meet basic professional standards including setting expectations & meeting deadlines, producing high-quality and testable deliverables, providing visibility into the status of your work, and being able to take projects from start to finish with minimal oversight.
This is a freelance position which will be paid at a competitive hourly rate. We are expecting responsibilities to take under 30 hours a week. Work will be ongoing, rather than on a fixed contract basis. Ideally, you'd be local to Colorado (bonus if you are in Denver or Boulder), but we are also open to other candidates located elsewhere in the United States.