IT Cloud Networks Engineer at Xero
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
How you'll make an impact
As part of the Xero Internal IT team you will ensure all cloud and internal network infrastructure is operational and highly available. You will be a networking expert within Internal IT; providing expertise, guidance and incident response to other Systems and Security team members and the wider Internal IT team with regards to firewalls, switches, Wi-Fi, VPN, routing and network security. You will work very closely with our Architecture team, Workplace Experience team and 3rd network vendors to deliver new projects and ensure we continue to grow at scale.
What you'll do
- Administer and monitor our cloud and internal network systems such as cloud network infrastructure, firewalls, switches, Wi-Fi, VPN, and network routes.
- Plan, adapt and secure our cloud and internal network systems to meet the ever-changing business and security requirements. Assist with onboarding of new cloud and internal network systems and initiatives from our Architecture team.
- Play a pivotal role in delivering cloud and internal network infrastructure for our new and existing offices globally.
- Patch critical network vulnerabilities and security threats as they arise.
- Assist with systems administration and maintenance as and when required.
- Develop and document policies and procedures for consistent network management, methodologies, and standards. Manage major network incidents with our wider team for quick resolutions. Give input and direction into project work when required.
- Manage relationships with network vendors and 3rd parties.
Success looks like
- Cloud and internal networks are stable, available and reliable for our staff. Network incidents are dealt with in a swift manner and measures are put into place before any serious issues arise. You will be a go-to person for network questions and issues within the Internal IT team and act as a gatekeeper for our production environment. Your guidance and input will ensure our cloud and internal networks are clearly documented, supportable and scalable as Xero continues to grow.
What you'll bring with you
- Critical Competencies:
- Well rounded knowledge ofLAN/WAN/VPN/Wi-Fi/Firewall technologies, Load Balancing, Security, and Network Management
- Understanding of scripting language such as Powershell or Bash for automation of repetitive tasks
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Multi-tasking abilities
- A logical problem solver at all different levels
- Willing to be very hands on as well as strategic
- A Computer Science degree, or 1-2 years experience in a cloud networks focused role and and working towards relevant industry certifications
- Operational experience in a cloud/ internal networks team in a corporate environment
- Experience with administering and configuring Firewalls, Switches, Wi-Fi Access Points and VPN services
- Experience with Cloud Networking Infrastructure, Zero Trust Networks and cloud delivered networking solutions will be a considerable advantage
- Experience with monitoring network infrastructure for high availability, capacity and reliability
- Experience with delivering projects and effective time management
Xero celebrates diversity. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment where our employees can do the best work of their lives. We are committed to transparency and to equal pay for equal work. Total compensation for this role includes a base salary of $100,000 - 122,000, commensurate with experience.
Xero offers access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (in CA & CO only)
Xero will match 100% on the first 3% of 401k contributions plus 50% match on next 2% of contributions
Employees enjoy 21 days of paid time off per year
Employees also have 10 days of wellbeing leave to care for their minds, bodies, and families
US employees enjoy 12 paid holidays per year
Xero offers an industry-leading 26 weeks of parental leave at up to 100% pay
Xero offers a number of employee wellness programs, to include yoga, mindfulness and nutrition workshops, EAP, free flu shots, team meals, and a monthly wellbeing allowance
Diversity of people brings diversity of thought, and we like that. A collaborative and inclusive environment is important to us. Working at Xero will provide you with a diverse and inclusive environment alongside people who will respect, challenge and support you to have fun while you do the best work of your life. We are a place where personal development, flexible working, innovation, and well-being are not just inspired but celebrated. We value our people and offer a wide range of compelling benefits and perks, including Xero shares and great parental leave policies.
Xero's collaborative culture is underscored by our values - #Ownership, #Challenge, #Beautiful, #Human and #Team - which empower us to understand and serve customers, attract top talent and continuously innovate. From the moment you step through our doors, you'll feel welcome and supported to do the best work of your life.
Please note that we currently require all employees and contractors to be vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to work from a Xero office, or engage in any face-to-face Xero business. Xero will work with anyone who is not vaccinated, or prefers not to disclose their vaccination status, to determine if any reasonable accommodations can be provided to ensure their role can be performed safely whilst the restriction is in place..