PopSockets LLC, based in Boulder, Colorado, designs, manufactures and sells innovative lifestyle products. Our flagship product, the PopSockets grip, was invented by philosophy professor David Barnett, with the first grip sold on PopSockets.com in 2014. We’ve since sold more than 200 million grips and expanded our portfolio to include a broad range of empowering, expressive, and fun products. We aim to build an Eternal Positivity Machine—an adaptable global brand that makes an increasing positive impact on the world every year.
PopSockets is looking for an IT Application Development Manager to lead the design, develop, implement and support of custom application software across our business-to-business eCommerce and backend applications. At PopSockets, we run our business on a set of web applications and platforms that utilize industry standard SaaS or web-enabled cloud solutions with APIs for integration. We have partially implemented and continue to expand a microservices architecture built around the MuleSoft Platform. These critical applications differentiate how we create products and engage our customers, process and fulfill orders and integrate with our business partners by delivering optimized efficiency, ease-of-use and enhanced revenue generation. In this role, you’ll work closely with IT Business Analysts and business stakeholders to understand business requirements and execute continuous improvements in our internally developed applications and microservices for enhanced functionality, improved usability and efficient administration.
The ideal candidate will possess a solid understanding of restful API development and architecture, preferably using Mulesoft’s Anypoint Platform, as this is the predominant platform currently used to develop the custom software. Extensive knowledge of SQL databases, JSON, XML and ETL tools is required. Specific experience integrating with eCommerce systems (Shopify Plus and Salesforce Commerce Cloud), Order Management, online payment systems, EDI and ERP systems (Microsoft Dynamics NAV) would be preferable.
This is both an active development hands-on role and a mentoring leadership role. There are a team of developers, contractors, and development partners who will be managed by this position, and the position holder’s staff.
- Define, document and lead development of PopSockets customized IT applications and application integrations.
- Coordinate your own personal development tasks in collaboration with the development efforts of your internal development team and extended team of outside consulting and development resources.
- Define, document and lead development of PopSockets customized integrations with our IT SaaS applications and web-based applications. This includes transactional interfaces, web services, RESTful APIs, and extract, transform and load (ETL) integrations.
- Manage the Software Quality Lead role for release management, sprint planning and testing for the software developed by this role as well as internal and external teams.
- 5+ years experience developing web-based applications. That experience should span teams that include in-house and outside development resources.
- 3+ years managing teams for development of ETL and/or API integrations, RESTful API development between SaaS and/or cloud-based software applications. That experience should span teams that include in-house and outside development resources.
- 2+ years experience managing software quality assurance for internal application development.
- Experience delivering software and features via agile frameworks.
- Must be comfortable in a fast-moving company and able to create process and vision rather than just manage to what has already been defined.
- Comfortable with becoming an expert in customized and proprietary software.
- Strong analytical skills, exceptional attention to detail, and get-it-done attitude.
- Deep understanding of data models, manipulation, and pipelines.
- Innovative, solution-minded problem solver. Flexible and pragmatic.
- Preferred experience in application development and support of business systems related to product sales and fulfillment. This includes ERP, Warehouse Management Systems (WMS), Product Information Management (PIM), sales order management and electronic invoicing.
Salary range: $125,000 to $140,000
PopSockets is dedicated to the practice of equal opportunity employment. We prohibit unlawful discrimination against applicants and employees on the basis of age, race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, military status, genetic information, color, creed, ancestry, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law. This prohibition includes unlawful harassment based on any of these protected classes. Unlawful harassment includes verbal or physical conduct which has the purpose or effect of interfering with an individual’s work performance, or creating an intimidating, hostile, offensive, unsafe or otherwise non-welcoming work environment. This policy applies to all employees, including managers, supervisors, co-workers; and non-employees such as customers, clients, vendors, consultants, etc.