IT Applications Developer
IT Applications Developer
PopSockets LLC, based in Boulder, Colorado, designs, manufactures and sells innovative lifestyle products. Our flagship product, the PopSockets grip, was invented by philosophy professor David Barnett, with the first grip sold on PopSockets.com in 2014. Our product is a collapsible grip and stand that provides secure one-handed holding for any mobile device. Customizable, re-positionable, and fun to pop, PopSockets products embody the company's mission to create empowering, personal, and magical products.
PopSockets is looking for an IT Application Developer to design, develop, implement and support custom application software across our business-to-business eCommerce and backend applications. At PopSockets, we run our business on a set of web applications and platforms that utilize industry standard SaaS or Web-Enabled Cloud solutions with API’s for integration. These critical applications differentiate how we create product and engage our customers and business partners by delivering optimized efficiency, ease-of-use and enhanced revenue generation. In this role, you’ll work closely with business stakeholders to understand business requirements and execute continuous improvements for enhanced functionality, improved usability and efficient administration.
The ideal candidate will possess a solid understanding of web application development preferably using Ruby on Rails, as this is the predominate platform currently used to develop the custom software. Extensive knowledge of SQL databases, JSON, XML and ETL tools is required. Specific experience integrating with eCommerce systems (Shopify, Demandware or Magento), Order Management, On-Line Payment systems, and ERP Systems (Microsoft Dynamics NAV) would be preferable.
- Define, document and lead development of PopSockets customized IT applications.
- Coordinate your own personal development tasks in collaboration with the development efforts of an extended team of outside consulting and development resources.
- Define, document and lead development of PopSockets customized integrations with our IT SaaS applications and Web-Based Applications. This includes transactional interfaces/ web services and Extract Transform and Load (ETL) integrations.
- 3+ years experience developing web-based applications using Ruby on Rails. That experience should span teams that include in-house and outside development resources
- 2+ years managing teams for development of ETL and/or API integrations between SaaS and or Cloud based software applications. That experience should span teams that include in-house and outside development resources
- Must be comfortable in a fast-moving company, able to create process and vision, rather than just manage to what has already been defined.
- Comfortable with becoming expert in customized and proprietary softwares.
- Strong analytical skills, exceptional attention to detail, get-it-done attitude.
- Deep understanding of data models, manipulation, and pipelines.
- Innovative, solution-minded problem solver. Flexible and pragmatic.