ISP Engineer at Zayo (Greater Boulder Area, CO)
Zayo provides mission-critical bandwidth to the world’s most impactful companies, fueling the innovations that are transforming our society. Zayo’s 133,000-mile network in North America and Europe includes extensive metro connectivity to thousands of buildings and data centers. Zayo’s communications infrastructure solutions include dark fiber, private data networks, wavelengths, Ethernet, and dedicated Internet access. Zayo serves wireless and wireline carriers, media, tech, content, finance, healthcare and other large enterprises.
This position is responsible for coordinating, implementing and managing inside plant construction activities using typically standard configurations to support network and customer opto-electronic equipment and other telecommunication services within Zayo POP facilities and 3rd party colocation sites throughout Zayo’s network.
- Developing and evaluating solutions and alternatives for long-term network planning and optimization initiatives.
- Estimating and developing cost effective infrastructure plans for capacity requirements and establishing project timelines.
- Coordinating and implementing approved infrastructure plans for network and customer orders, working with contractors and cross-functionally with Zayo resources in Field Engineering, Fiber Engineering and Outside Plant personnel, along with Project Managers, Facility circuit designers and Pre-Sales Support.
- Managing an RFP process for all contractor work being performed.
- Managing material purchasing for all projects and validating on-going expenses.
- Serving as central point of contact within Zayo’s network for responding to inside plant activities and any related problem-solving.
- Maintaining projects within budget scope and prepare weekly reports detailing status of projects with respective teams and management.
- Bachelor's Degree or minimum 3-5 years equivalent work experience in Central Office Installation - Telecommunications industry.
- Demonstrated experience in Inside Plant construction.
- Proficient in project management of tight timelines and schedules.
- Exceptional attention to detail and multitasking abilities are a must.
- Proven experience with DC Power Plant systems, fiber connectivity and cabling.
- Familiarity of telecommunications transport equipment.
- Familiarity of fiber optic infrastructure & Outside Plant Construction.
- Ability to communicate technical topics clearly and effectively with internal and external customers.
- Demonstrated investigational and problem solving skills.
- Proficient with MS Word, Excel, Visio, AutoCAD and Google Docs.
- Knowledge of SalesForce, GE SmallWorld, Metasolv is a plus.
- Strong work ethic and ability to manage effectively multiple projects simultaneously.
Base salary range: $71,719-$78,113
Full-time Zayo employees are also eligible for discretionary quarterly short-term and long-term incentive cash bonuses which are based on the performance of the Company, an employee’s business segment, and the individual employee
Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
Fitness membership discounts
Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave