iOS Developer at DISH (Greater Denver Area, CO)
DISH is a Fortune 200 company that continues to redefine the communications industry. Our legacy is innovation and a willingness to challenge the status quo, including reinventing ourselves. We disrupted the pay-TV industry in the mid-90s with the launch of the DISH satellite TV service, taking on some of the largest U.S. corporations in the process, and grew to be the fourth-largest pay-TV provider. We are doing it again with the first live, internet-delivered TV service - Sling TV - that bucks traditional pay-TV norms and gives consumers a truly new way to access and watch television.
Now we have our sights set on upending the wireless industry and unseating the entrenched incumbent carriers.
We are driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win - it's in our DNA. We're looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve, to join our team as we embark on the next chapter of our story.
Opportunity is here. We are DISH.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
This iOS Developer will be working within the Retail Wireless team in our Dish Grand Central office located in Denver, CO. You will be working in a collaborative and fast-paced environment spanning the Retail Wireless team and broader Dish organizations.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Designing and implementing iOS native and hybrid mobile applications which will be utilized by millions of users in our retail wireless business
- Exercising your technical expertise and communication as you work and share information on the solution with technical and business teams
- Working with other iOS developers to build out modern and best in class mobile applications
- Keeping up to date on new technology, standards, protocols and tools in areas relevant to the rapidly changing digital environment
- Designing and implementing the backend services to drive the app functionality
- Deploying and supporting the apps that you and your team deliver to ensure the optimal customer experience
Skills, Experience and Requirements
A successful Senior iOS Developer will have:
- Bachelor's Degree in a business, technical, or equivalent discipline
- 4+ years of experience in iOS app development (Objective-C and Swift)
- Solid understanding of SwiftUI and Combine
- Prefer 2+ years of cloud experience (AWS/GCP)
- Strong understanding and use of REST services, JSON, secure coding concepts, memory management and multi-threading in iOS
- Understanding of Apple HIG and mobile UX/UI design patterns
- Proven ability to write Unit & UI tests, set up dashboards and alerting, uncover and fix bugs, crashes, and other issues, in order to ensure a robust app
- 1+ years of experience in hybrid app development using hybrid technologies such as ReactNative
- Experience working in a highly automated agile environment where changes are pushed often
- Self-motivation with strong, proven, analytical and problem-solving skills
- A constant learner-mindset with the drive to creatively think outside the box and innovate.
- Have empathy for users and are interested in understanding the human impact of the work across all cultures and walks of life
You will stand out if you have:
- Experience leveraging Adobe products, such as Adobe Magento commerce or AEM, as part of a mobile app architecture
- Experience in native mobile app development on Android; and hands-on experience in Kotlin, Java RX and/or React native code to build front-end web or native application experiences
- Solid development level testing experience through TDD and automated testing pipelines
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience building preloaded mobile applications on devices
- MNO/MVNO experience
Compensation: $106,250.00/Year - $143,750.00/Year
From versatile health perks to new career opportunities, check out our benefits on our careers website .