Ball Corporation manufactures aluminum packaging for beverage, personal care and household products, and provides aerospace and other technologies for commercial and government customers. We have been in business for over 140 years and is leading the charge in creating solutions that keep our planet healthy. Ball Corp has been nationally recognized as a leading company in the creation of sustainable products (Fast Company World Changing Ideas award) as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity (Forbes Magazine.) Join our team of over 18,000 people worldwide in our quest to make the world a cleaner and healthier place. BE BIGGER THAN YOURSELF. BE UNSTOPPABLE. BE AN INSPIRATION. JOIN US IN MAKING THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE.
Manage Innovation projects which require aptitude in beverage packaging, product qualification, High-speed production and principles of project management. Work closely with Innovation colleagues, key subject matter expert suppliers and various cross-functional global contributors to aggregate data, present results and make recommendations. When needed, research and develop new technologies and solutions to address identified gaps.
What will you be responsible for?
- Drive ‘Ink & Graphic’ centered initiatives for Aluminum packaging by identifying detailed limitations and generating solutions
- Lead efforts to dissect product problems with Method development, Validation and DoE principles
- Work with cross functional Ball team to validate results and align with stakeholders
- Project Management –
- Self-actualized path-finding
- Innovation ‘fuzzy’ front-end focusing; Charter creation and test-planning
- Organization of timelines, resources & costs
- Owner and occasional developer of document tools to drive aforementioned organization
- Cost-impact estimate and analyses
- Generate and present data summaries and reports on project status, analytical findings and formal recommendations.
- Advocate for quality solutions via: Defining the CTQ of these product opportunities, Dissecting problems and risks associated with Ink & Graphic opportunities for Aluminum packages and solving for any potential gaps.
- Build, grow and manage supplier networks and external resources to solve problems and reach goals
- Apply analysis to results and transition those into Product and/or Process solutions for the business
- Use financial modeling tools to combine and compare solution scenarios and feed decisions within the business
- Advocate for specific product categories by researching and advising on the associated regulatory and market requirements as needed for the business
- Contribute to larger Innovation group initiatives – Ideation, applied expertise, etc.
Region and Global Specific Responsible Areas:
This role within Global Innovation is responsible for leading projects and evaluations of printing and decoration technologies for aluminium packaging applications and supporting improved customer experiences.
Supplementing; ongoing global projects and peer Engineers by contributing printing and materials expertise while advocating for product quality. This role will define CTQ criteria for new special effect products and launch these solutions in line with the commercial opportunities.
Where needed this role may also speak to material application safety and regulatory considerations specific to that product and region. Including but not limited to FDA, FCN, Swiss FCM, European Commission.
What are we looking for?
- Broad training in a related professional field usually acquired through college level education. MBA a plus.
- Comfort and familiarity with production personnel, equipment and environments. Ideally includes high speed handling, packaging and/or printing applications.
- Job related experience for 4 years minimum
- Including: Creation, organization and management of analytical evaluation plans; Technical Project Management
- Technical-focused experience including: Printing application. Ink and coating materials. Evaluation planning. Data analysis. And communicating technical information & results
- Project management and/or technical experience in the CPG sector a plus
- Experience with Stage Gate project management principles a plus.
- Strong technical skills generally associated with a college level degree (engineering or similar) including, strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to multitask and think / troubleshoot in a nonlinear manner and to follow directions where applicable
- Able to work independently, identify problems, overcome roadblocks and develop solutions via clear focus and will to drive stakeholders and suppliers for milestones and solutions
- Excellent skills in building interpersonal relationships, team building, leadership and where needed driving collaborative-work within and outside of Ball
- Strong computer & sophisticated data analysis skills required – MS Suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project. Demonstrated ability of applying critical thinking & where appropriate more detailed analytical approaches; DFSS, DMAIC, Value-Map, Kaizen, etc.
- Follows established procedures where applicable. Work is self and peer reviewed for soundness of technical judgment and overall adequacy.
- Working knowledge of the following areas:
- General Engineering principles, practices, nomenclature, and procedures, quality assurance principles, and the manufacturing process
- Printing Industry practices, terminology and resources
- Wet materials application & adhesion principles (Chemistry, Anilox, Flexo., Off-set, Pad, Inkjet, Gravure, etc.).
- Graphic processes including but not limited to; Pre-press, Rip, Separations, Color control, Proofing, etc.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Hiring Salary Range: $ 68,000 - 101,500 (Salary to be determined by the applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.)
- Other Compensation: This role will be eligible to participate in the annual incentive compensation plan.
- Regular Full-Time Salaried and Hourly positions: Ball includes a comprehensive benefits structure, Go to our career site and click "Total Rewards" to learn more.
Ball Corporation has been made aware of reports involving fraudulent job offers. These often appear legitimate, but Ball does not make job offers until after a candidate has submitted a job application and has participated in a face-to-face interview (In person or via WebEx). All email correspondence from Ball Corporation ends in “@ball.com.” Please also be advised that Ball will never request payment or require candidates to deposit a check during the recruitment and onboarding processes. If you have questions about any open positions at Ball, please visit our careers website at https://jobs.ball.com/.
If you have applied to a position and have been asked for personal information through LinkedIn, please notify LinkedIn directly.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans