Infrastructure Technology Architect at FIS
Position Type :
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Computer Science
Travel Percentage :
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
Infrastructure and Development teams supporting Ops Professional Services maintaining functional product architecture for FIS’ suite of Financial Services Applications. Building, defining and executing infrastructure for a variety of banking and financial services clients.
What you will be doing
As the Infrastructure Technology Architect, you will be primarily focused in the disciplines of selection, operation, and administration of "commercial-off-the-shelf" (COTS) systems and system software that make up the underlying operating environment in support of the business processes. In this role you will provide technical leadership to guide the selection and deployment of technology solutions and manages the overall infrastructure environment in order to continually evolve the infrastructure disciplines.
- Deploys, configures, integrates and manages FIS applications on various private and public cloud platforms (FIS Openshift platform, AWS and MS Azure cloud platform).
- Works with Solution Architect and Project management to design, develop and implement infrastructure components, server topology, capacity planning, networking, information security and access controls, server hardening.
- Reviews functional and technical designs to identify areas of risk and/or missing requirements.
- Acts as the tiebreaker on infrastructure integration design decisions.
- Documents and communicates opportunities to leverage inter-project synergies, application and enterprise software or infrastructure asset re-use, and opportunities to expose application assets for enterprise consumption.
- Communicates system architecture to technical and business audiences, both internal and external clients.
- 10+ years demonstrated experience in modern software application technologies, relational databases, distributed and heterogeneous computing environments (zOS, Unix, Windows)
- 5+ of management, design, architecture and strategy for infrastructure technology
- Must have strong skills and working experience in administration of JBOSS
- Must have led the infrastructure technology direction for multiple projects and led or presented infrastructure architecture concepts outside the realm of an immediate workgroup
- Demonstrated experience as the infrastructure system designer or technical lead on many "very large" projects, requiring many integration points
- Experience in building robust and scalable infrastructure architectures (telephony systems, network services, web farms, multiple-node systems, etc.)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related discipline; or equivalent combination of education and experience that is required for the specific job level.
- Strong experience working on cloud platforms, preferably Openshift
- Demonstrated working knowledge of administration of at least one additional JAVA or .NET application servers.
- Knowledge of VMWare and/or other virtualization infrastructure technologies.
- In-depth knowledge of networking, computing platform, storage, database concepts, security, middleware, network and systems management, and related infrastructure technologies and practices
What we offer you
- Competitive salary and a fantastic range of benefits including private medical cover, dental cover and travel insurance
- Attractive benefits including private medical cover, dental cover, and travel insurance
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect
- Varied and challenging work to help you grow your technical skillset
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.