Infrastructure Security Engineer
Ibotta is looking for an Infrastructure Security Engineer to build the cloud infrastructure to protect Ibotta and our savers’ privacy. As part of the Security team, you will work with Data, Platform, and IT Security experts to ensure Ibotta is a good steward of our savers’ data. Are you driven to secure cloud networks and architectures? Do you have a passion for evangelizing security best practices. We’re looking for a self-motivated engineer who has a real passion for building and scaling secure systems and applications, using technologies such as AWS GaurdDuty, Terraform, Macie, etc. Every engineer has input into our product process and will have a real impact as part of a small, nimble team.
Here is what you’ll be doing:
- Working alongside engineering teams as their subject matter expert
- Design & architect a secure infrastructure for our engineering teams
- Drive a culture of DevSecOps throughout the Technology department
- Develop and implement systems for internal security monitoring and controls
- Architect and build out solutions and frameworks that address current and future threats to Ibotta’s infrastructure
- Perform ongoing risk assessments and develop recommendations for tools, technologies and processes Ibotta’s cloud infrastructure
- Perform technology evaluations and develop recommendations on cloud security technologies
- Verify cloud security systems by developing and implementing test scripts
- Identify, track, and help remediate vulnerabilities and other security concerns
Here is what we’re looking for:
- Advanced user of the Linux operating system
- Experience with AWS services and cloud architectures
- Fluent in multiple languages, including Go
- A deep understanding of network protocols and how the web works
- Experience with Version Control software (e.g., RCS, SVN, Git, CVS, etc.)
- Experience with systems and network security, including penetration tools, exploits, and attacks
- Experience with PCI-DSS, SOC 2, SOX, GDPR, WebTrust, etc. compliance activities
- Experience with industry standard security and compliance automation, such as SCAP/XCCDF/Oval
- Superior organizational and communications skills
Here are some of the traits that we seek in great engineers:
- love to teach and learn from your co-workers
- look for ways to continually challenge yourself and develop as an engineer
- understand that communication is a huge part of your software engineering responsibility and practice it daily
- respect diverse perspectives and like collaborating with other engineers to solve hard problems
- understand that delivering products incrementally helps provide more value to the business
- trust your teammates, and embrace healthy conflict and debate. You are not afraid to voice your opinions, but you are okay with not always being right
Headquartered in Denver, CO, Ibotta (“I bought a...“) is a free app that's transforming the shopping experience by making every purchase rewarding. The company partners with leading brands and retailers to offer real cash back on groceries, travel, electronics, clothing, gifts, home and office supplies, dining out, and much more. Ibotta is the ultimate starting point for savings, and having paid out more than $500 million in cash rewards to its Savers, it's no surprise why Ibotta is one of the most downloaded shopping apps in the United States
Learn more about Ibotta here: https://liferewarded.ibotta.com/press-and-media/
To learn more about what our Tech teams are doing day to day, visit Building Ibotta on Medium.com.
- This position is located in Denver, CO and includes competitive pay, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), 401k, commuter stipend, and equity.
- Ibotta provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and genetics.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.