At Flatfile, we believe that humans shouldn’t have to struggle to use the data that drives our work forwards. We create beautiful, human-centric experiences to remove the barriers between people and data. We’re automating every repetitive and painstaking process involved in teaching machines what data is and where it should go.
What do a grocery store, an early-stage e-commerce startup, and Fortune 500 insurance company all have in common? They are all Flatfile customers, for one.
Regardless of segment or geography, accessing usable data quickly is a baseline requirement for operating your business today. Flatfile serves as a crucial bridge between messy, 3rd party data and our customers’ systems. We call this data onboarding, and we view it as both a challenge and an opportunity to serve every company in the world.
About the role
The Infrastructure department at Flatfile handles ongoing construction and maintenance of our internal cloud infrastructure as well as deployment of our software into our client’s infrastructure (our On-Premise product). Everything that Flatfile does with customers runs through infrastructure, whether ours or theirs.
The Infrastructure Software Engineer role will own building and maintaining our infrastructure in a way that makes continuous deployment and management easy while also being built in a way that it can be easily extracted for on-premise customers. Most of your day will be spent in our infrastructure but you will be expected to assist if not lead on-premise customer deployments.
You will . . .
- Design, implement, and continuously improve large components of Flatfile’s infrastructure.
- Fully understand the inner workings of our infrastructure and be able to rebuild it without breaking a sweat.
- Proactively monitor any ongoing or potential infrastructure issues affecting Flatfile and our customer base.
- Collaborate with engineering, leadership, and other cross-functional teams to meet business goals.
- Continually strive for uptime and other KPIs.
- Automate manual tasks and reduce technical debt.
- Lead on-premise deployments for our customers who demand a white-glove service level. You should know the answers to most if not all questions they can ask (there’s not that many).
- Be a resource to our on-premise customers whenever they need one.
You have . . .
- 2+ years of experience AWS, as well as at least half of these additional products: Elasticache Redis, EKS, S3, MSK, RDS
- 2+ years of Kubernetes experience, a basic understanding of pods, ingresses, and deployments is a requirement. Right now our Kubernetes deployments are very vanilla but are growing more complex every week.
- 2+ years of Linux experience
- 1+ years of Terraform or HCL experience
- 1+ years of Kafka experience
- On-call experience and are able to work outside of normal business hours
Bonus point for . . .
- Replicated on-premise deployment solution
- Advanced Kubernetes topics, such as multi-region deploys
- IT experience with things like Okta, Jamf, Apple hardware/software debugging
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Flatfile’s reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado.
Salary: $125,000 - $145,000 annually
Equity: this role is eligible to participate in Flatfile's equity plan
Our goal is to be the best remote company in the world. We take this very seriously and aim to treat every employee like a million-dollar hire.
We’re team-focused here: we look for great teammates (not just great individuals) and strive to be a place where you’re surrounded by the best people in your career, where we all make each other better.
What we offer . . .
* The best tools to do your work, including a Mac laptop and top-of-the-line hardware.
* Unlimited discretionary vacation, and recommend a minimum of 3 weeks
* Comprehensive healthcare plans (including Vision and Dental), with fully covered options for you and your dependents
* 24/7 access to a Health Advocate
* Free annual membership to One Medical in participating regions
* Short term disability insurance
* 12 weeks of paid parental leave
* 401k retirement plan, with 100% matching for up to 3% and a 50% match for the next 2%
* Equity options