Infrastructure & DevOps Engineer
Why work with us?
Blinker is a Denver-based mobile app that puts people in control of car ownership. We started our company because we believe the used car market has a major consumer problem – each year, twenty eight million people in the US buy or sell a car at the dealership and lose thousands of dollars in every transaction. Blinker is the only company that allows anyone to sell a car with a lien, buy a car with financing or refinance a car, all on their own with their mobile device.
Our CEO, Rod Buscher, founded Blinker in 2013. Today, Blinker's leadership team carries 170 years of collective automotive and lending experience. Blinker has received over 100,000 downloads and originated millions of dollars in auto loans. We’ve also won a 2017 SXSW Interactive Innovation Award, Colorado Biz Top Company Award, Telly Award, as well as been named a “Gazelle” by the Denver Office of Economic Development and a Colorado Company to Watch.
We’re looking for talented people to help us scale our business and serve a nationwide audience from our headquarters in downtown Denver. We’re a passionate, smart, and driven group, working together to cause some major market disruption. You could be part of that. If you’re eager and ready to work alongside inspiring teammates and make a major, positive impact on our business each and every day, we want you to join us.
Summary of what you'll do and who you are:
Blinker seeks a top-notch DevOps engineer to help develop and fortify the next iteration of our bleeding-edge infrastructure. The candidate must embrace a passion for DevOps culture and represent the core aspects of it through learning, communication, and flexibility. A proven ability to work in a fast-paced collaborative environment is critical. The ideal candidate will possess a strong drive to accomplish high-impact results through setting and executing tough goals within time and budget constraints. The right candidate will also be energetic, have a positive attitude, take pride in achievements, and interact with others in a direct and productive manner. Excellent communication skills are a requirement.
Our stack includes:
- Hashicorp products including Consul, Consul Template, Nomad, Terraform, and Vault
- AWS and VMware
- Kong and Nginx
In this role, you will:
- Develop, deploy, and maintain infrastructure using a variety of systems, services, and tools.
- Manage infrastructure and application security.
- Deliver highly-available, scalable, tested, and documented solutions with confidence.
- Effectively plan much of your own work while handling immediate needs.
- Face new and difficult challenges that require applying experience, unique perspective, and a passion for effective solutions.
- Continually evangelize best practice to peers, developers, and stakeholders through example, easily adopted systems, effective communication, and sufficient documentation.
- Affirm responsibility for reliability and performance across all systems including the metrics necessary to substantiate them.
What we require:
- A minimum of 5 years experience working in a DevOps role with production infrastructure using a cloud computing services provider such as AWS.
- Experience developing, deploying, and managing highly-available and distributed software.
- Proficiency in one of more programming or scripting languages such as Python or Go.
- Proficiency with version control software such as Git.
What we value:
- Bachelor of Science or higher degree in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, information systems/technology, or equivalent experience.
- Exposure to infrastructure-as-code frameworks such as Terraform or CloudFormation.
- Exposure to configuration management tools such as Ansible, Puppet, or Chef.
- Exposure to monitoring systems, services, and tools including logging and metrics.
- Familiarity with build and deployment pipelines.
What we offer to you:
- Competitive pay + equity
- Paid/flexible time off
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, and parental leave benefits
- 401K Plan
- Paid covered parking in Tabor Center garage or RTD transportation
- Fully stocked kitchen with free snacks, beverages, & cold brew coffee on tap
- Regularly recurring, company-side social activities (e.g. BBQ lunches on patio and afternoon happy hours)
- Blinker Inc. does not currently provide Visa sponsorship