Zayo Group Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ZAYO) provides communications infrastructure solutions, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud infrastructure to the world’s leading businesses. Customers include wireless and wireline carriers, media and content companies, cloud providers, finance and professional services and other large enterprises. Zayo provides customers with flexible solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth.
Modify and/or create applications, system, vendor supplied utilities or packages from detailed specifications. Program software that improves efficiency of business operations, applications and/or operating systems. Code, review, prepare test data, test and debug application software, vendor-supplied utilities and packages and/or operating systems software. May maintain necessary program and/or user documentation.
The Infrastructure Deveoper shall deploy the release of new technologies and well as design, install, configure, test and maintain servers, networks, operating systems and related utilities and hardware. The Infrastructure Developer must possess good communication skills and be able to work collaboratively with both business and software development departments.
Infrastructure developer will be utilizing opensource solutions to deploy full stack system solutions and Python to enhance automation and interconnect open source solutions together.
- Coding: Under limited supervision, develops codes, tests, debugs, maintains, modifies, and installs routine to moderately complex programs. Applies structured programming techniques and adhere to coding standards. Uses available utilities to simplify tasks. Generally applies structured programming techniques and adheres to coding standards, although some deviation from the standards may be expected.
- Testing: Under general supervision, develops unit test and test scripts; performs unit, regression, conversion and parallel tests; develops system test data and performs system tests. Coordinate and conduct system stress tests. Assists quality assurance testing teams.
- Analysis/Design: Analyze technical requirements and make determinations for modifications of existing computer programs/modules or if new programs/modules need to be developed for a specific application, system, and/or database. Analyze and document test results to ensure that programs are meeting the technical requirements. Partner with designers to update technical requirements documentation. May make recommendations for re-design and/or re-coding of programs that do meet desired specifications.
- Technical Support: Research and resolve routine to moderately complex programming issues with immediate, short-term solutions.
- Documentation: Assist in developing program specifications and flowcharts, (dataflows, jobflows, etc.), for stand-alone programs or systems. Assist in preparing good internal program documentation on program development and revisions. Prepare on-line help, FAQs, user guides and operational instruction manuals.
- Communication: Conveys problems, solutions, updates and project status to peers, customers and management. Develops and maintains program, systems and user documentation.
- Planning: Begins to prepare time estimates for assigned tasks with assistance. Attends post-implementation reviews.
- Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor degree in discipline related to functional work or role with up to 2 years of relevant experience OR demonstrated ability to meet the job requirements through a comparable number of years of applicable work experience.
- Must be able to demonstrate a good understanding of the information technology environment/infrastructure utilized for the job.
- Knowledge of opensource system implementations
- At least two years knowledge of Python.
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave