Information Security Engineer (Remote) at Vertafore
Vertafore is a leading technology company whose innovative software solution are advancing the insurance industry. Our suite of products provides solutions to our customers that help them better manage their business, boost their productivity and efficiencies, and lower costs while strengthening relationships.
Our mission is to move InsurTech forward by putting people at the heart of the industry. We are leading the way with product innovation, technology partnerships, and focusing on customer success.
Our fast-paced and collaborative environment inspires us to create, think, and challenge each other in ways that make our solutions and our teams better.
We are headquartered in Denver, Colorado, with offices across the U.S., Canada, and India.
As an Information Security Engineer, you will design, implement and administer information security solutions supporting the entire enterprise. You will ensure the secure operation of the organization's information security systems, servers, applications, cloud services, and network devices. Ability to conduct preliminary research and analysis of new threat topics, prepare and maintain comprehensive device and system documentation, develop reports, and effectively communicate with others are all essential elements required for success in this position.
Core Requirements and Responsibilities:
Essential job functions included but are not limited to the following:
- Engineer, implement and monitor security measures for the protection of computer systems, networks, and information assets
- Oversee threat monitoring, intelligence analysis, threat modeling, incident response, and other daily operational processes
- Identify and define security system requirements for a continuously evolving threat landscape
- Prepare and document standard operating procedures, workflows, and protocols
- Configure and troubleshoot security systems and applications
- Develop technical solutions and new security tools to help mitigate security vulnerabilities and automate repeatable tasks
- Perform daily maintenance on security systems/ applications to ensure proper function and optimal performance
- Oversee and perform advanced analysis, forensics, and investigations
- Assist with internal audits to ensure security compliance with internal policies and industry regulations
- Drive the design and development of a strategic roadmap based upon progressive capabilities to improve the overall program
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Broad hands-on knowledge of network and information security components, including firewalls, intrusion detection systems, network devices and protocols, anti-virus software, data encryption, log management, authentication systems, and other industry-standard techniques and practices
- High level of personal integrity, with the ability to professionally handle confidential matters, and reflect appropriate level of judgment and maturity
- Strong experience with network fundamentals (TCP/IP, SSL, PKI, RADIUS, DNS, routing/switching)
- Experience with Palo Alto, Check Point, Cisco ASA, CrowdStrike, Forcepoint, Imperva SecureSphere, Qualys, PingOne/PingFed,Tanium
- Problem-solving skills and ability to work under pressure
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor's degree in Information Security field or equivalent combination of education and working information security experience required
- Minimum 3-5 years information security or 5-8 years in information technology
- Certification such as SANS GIAC, CISM, CISA, or CISSP preferred
Additional Requirements and Details:
- Travel required up to 10% of the time.
- Occasional lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds.
- Frequent repetitive hand and arm movements required to operate a computer.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision (working on a computer, etc.).
- Frequent sitting and/or standing.