Implementation Engineer at Zayo
Zayo provides mission-critical bandwidth to the world’s most impactful companies, fueling the innovations that are transforming our society. Zayo’s 133,000-mile network in North America and Europe includes extensive metro connectivity to thousands of buildings and data centers. Zayo’s communications infrastructure solutions include dark fiber, private data networks, wavelengths, Ethernet, dedicated Internet access, and colocation services. Zayo owns and operates a Tier 1 IP Backbone and 44 carrier-neutral data centers. Through its Cloudlink service, Zayo provides low latency private connectivity that attaches enterprises to their public cloud environments. Zayo serves wireless and wireline carriers, media, tech, content, finance, healthcare and other large enterprises.
This position is responsible for the installation and activation of IP and Ethernet network infrastructure augments and POP builds. In addition to these duties, you will work with the various internal teams to complete implementation projects.
- Coordinate and facilitate IP trunk capacity turn up with counterparts internally and in other companies.
- Engineer capacity details such as router port, cross-connect, metro/in-building dark fiber.
- Create/modify/troubleshoot BGP configuration instructions and update router using command line interface (CLI).
- Create/edit various internal order forms (via salesforce.com).
- Update status and progress in Salesforce on a daily and regular basis.
- Verify and update project documentation.
- Stage, configure, and ship equipment as required by the project.
- Work with internal teams to activate and verify the functionality of the equipment once deployed.
- Two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Two years of experience in the area of IP routing and network engineering.
- Preferred certification: JNCIA, CCNA.
- Familiar with fundamentals of IP routing and switching, including BGP, DNS, IP address management.
- Direct and recent experience troubleshooting router connectivity in a complex routed network environment.
- Direct and recent experience using a router CLI to provision IP/Ethernet services.
- Familiar with fundamentals of provisioning fiber based circuits in a datacenter environment, including patches, cross-connects, risers, and backhaul.
- Experience working in a team within a complex and fast-paced environment.
- Good problem-solving skills with the ability to focus on the salient facts in order to resolve an issue.
- Experience organizing multiple, time-sequenced tasks across several concurrent projects.
- Experience with Junos a plus.
- Familiar with G Suite.
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave