Hyperconverged Software Engineer - SolidFire
As a Software Engineer on our team you will work as part of a dynamic, fun and growing team responsible for participating in the development, testing and debugging of our new Hyperconverged storage product.
As part of the Research and Development function, the overall focus of the group is on competitive market and customer requirements, supportability, technology advances, product quality, product cost and time-to-market. Software engineers focus on enhancements to existing products as well as new product development.
This position requires an individual to be creative, a quick learner, driven to produce results and demonstrates the ability to lead small teams or projects.
- Work on design, implementation and verification of features, systems and subsystems
- Provide team and project technical leadership
- Participate in technical discussions within the team and with other groups within Business Units associated with specified projects
- Willing to work on additional tasks and responsibilities that will contribute towards team, department and company goals
- Provide guidance and mentoring to more junior engineers
Required and Preferred Skills:
- Design solutions demonstrating sound use of design patterns
- Design and develop features and provide automated tests for the same using Python. Advanced expertise in Python is expected.
- Demonstrated experience with at least one hypervisor technologies is required. Experience with multiple environments is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience with containers and VMs in a DevOps environment is preferred.
- Ability to participate and drive technical discussions with groups within and outside immediate Business Units to create business synergy within NetApp and across industry.
- Ability to come up with and execute on initiatives that will contribute towards NetApp’s business goals, as well as establish NetApp’s industrial leadership.
- Ability to contribute to a strong team development and test environment via collaboration, strong communication skills and mentoring of junior engineers.
- Proficiency in product development and support within a Linux environment.
- Ability to conduct performance analysis and optimization for features and systems.
- Ability to provide remote and onsite support to NetApp high profile customer field issues involving Linux (and its derivative) device and HBA drivers as part of the solution.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience is required. 6 to 8 years of experience is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to have successfully completed multiple, moderately complex technical tasks
- A Bachelor of Science Degree, a Masters Degree, or a PhD in Computer Science; or equivalent experience is required