Head of Engineering, New Venture at FIS
Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Computer Science
Travel Percentage :
About FIS Innovation
Our vision is to make FIS the industry-leading provider of platforms and services for companies to build and run financial applications. To help realize this vision, FIS has created a centralized innovation & incubation team called FIS Impact Labs. The Impact Labs team will transform new product and business concepts into sustainable, organic growth opportunities while building a strong culture of intrapreneurship across FIS.
Operating within a product innovation framework, the team vets, tests, and incubates new ventures for successful commercial integration. This team is where ideas are hatched and next generation fintech becomes reality. The products delivered by the Impact Labs team will impact the FIS product suite and drive significant value back to the business. Most importantly, your work will shape the future financial services landscape.
Our team is made up of builders and you should be no exception!
We are looking for an exceptional Head of Engineering who will work with the leadership team to best align business and technology strategy to drive the success of this disruptive venture. Reporting directly to the General Manager, the Head of Engineering defines the technical vision and technical roadmap, ensures the platform is scalable as the business grows, builds and leads a high performing engineering team, provides technical guidance to the executive team, and works with appropriate technical teams within FIS.
- Work with the product group to establish the product roadmap from launch to scale (including defining long-term goals and strategies)
- Lead long-term architectural vision for the platform
- Identify opportunities and challenges
- Evangelize technical vision and strategy internally and externally
- Provide expert technical guidance to all functional areas, including strategy, operations, sales and product
- Effectively align resources to achieve key business priorities, including appropriate scope, quality and timeline
- Be fastidious about and lead frequent and meaningful product improvement
- Constantly evaluate new technologies and platforms to drive growth and mitigate risk
- Build and scale an efficient and agile end-to-end application infrastructure, with best practices in software delivery
- Define and implement consistent, repeatable processes for quality assurance across all areas of organization and product build
- Attract, retain, and grow a world-class engineering team
- Cultivate a high-performing, innovative, one-team culture
- Have continued and demonstrated passion for your team
- Work with the enterprise architectural team to implement security and architectural guidelines within the product
- Partner with FIS enterprise technology teams and maintain close communication their leads
- Implement and maintain a venture-wide disaster recovery and continuity plan according to corporate IT standards
- Bachelor’s degree
- 10+ years’ experience in software engineering, with 5+ in the context of a high growth tech company using agile methods
- 5+ years of experience managing a development team in an agile framework
- Proven track record of ability to scale and build large engineering team
- Proven track record of bringing applications to market in a startup environment
- An entrepreneurial spirit and ability to operate independently
- Experience working with large and small development teams both collaboratively onsite and with remote coworkers/teams
- A growth mindset and the ability to genuinely embrace challenges and persist in the face of setbacks
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with software best practices in:
- Object-oriented design and development
- Distributed Systems
- Performance optimization
- Securing cloud-native applications and platforms, general information security (including systems and data security)
- General software engineering “hygiene” (e.g., Agile software development, test-driven development, unit testing, code reviews, design documentation, etc.)
- Working knowledge of:
- At least one modern front-end framework (React, Angular, Vue, etc.)
- At least one modern back-end language/framework (.NET, .NET Core, Java, Kotlin, Node.js, Python, etc.)
- At least one modern cloud provider (AWS, Azure, GCP, etc.)
- Modern API standards and design (REST, GraphQL, etc.)
- Designing and developing service-based architectures (micro-services architecture a plus)
- Integration with existing systems/applications (legacy and API) & 3rd party systems.
- Designing data persistence and caching concepts using both SQL and NoSQL DBMS
- Integrated “development experience” platforms with emphasis on source control, asset management, and CI/CD (Azure DevOps, AWS CodeCommit/CodeBuild/CodeDeploy/CodePipeline, GitLab, GitHub Actions, etc.)
- Modern containerization and orchestration technologies (Docker, Podman, Docker Swarm, Kubernetes, AWS Fargate, etc.)
Attributes that will push your application to the top of the stack
- Prior working experience in start-up environment or corporate innovation team
- Experience working in a serverless, cloud API microservices model
- Previous background in tech entrepreneurship
- Experience working in a SAFe Agile environment with multiple release trains
What we offer you
- A driven, creative, and multi-talented group of colleagues who are extraordinary passionate about their role in shaping the future of fintech and driving cultural transformation at FIS
- A high-visibility, high-impact role
- Ownership of your role and the ability to drive the design of our products going forward
- The opportunity to shape the future of fintech
- Opportunity to shape and influence an innovative culture
- Work closely with teams that are creating solutions for some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- A work environment built on accountability, creativity, collaboration, curiosity, fearlessness, kindness, and respect
View our benefits here: https://cdn.phenompeople.com/CareerConnectResources/FIGLUS/documents/2021BenefitsSnapshot-1611561721803.pdf The posted salary range describes the minimum to maximum range for this job description in the state of Colorado. The salary range is posted in accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay For Equal Work Act. The salary range for this same position may be lower or higher in markets outside of Colorado.$129,150 - 216,980. This position may be eligible for bonus and/or commission.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.