Hardware Test Technician at AMP Robotics
Hardware Test Technician
AMP Robotics is a pioneer and industry leader in artificial intelligence and robotics for the recycling industry. Every day, we’re working to reimagine and actively modernize the world’s recycling infrastructure. Headquartered and manufacturing operations in Louisville, Colorado, we build and deploy cutting-edge technology solutions that solve many of the central challenges of recycling to make it more efficient, cost-effective, scalable, and sustainable.
We’re fostering an environment where talented, driven individuals can grow and create impact. We are looking for unconventional thinkers to join our mission; at AMP, your contributions have meaning and can spur change. With backing from top-tier investors including Sequoia Capital and recognition including Fortune’s Impact 20, Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, and Forbes’ most promising artificial intelligence companies in America, we’re always seeking ways to better our operations, raising the bar on innovation, and looking to collaborate and improve each day in what we do. Learn more at AMPRobotics.com.
AMP Robotics is hiring a Hardware Test Technician reporting to the QA Manager to focus on the development and execution of tests to verify and validate our mechanical designs in the Engineering department prior to their release to manufacturing. You will work closely with your design engineering peers to develop test procedures, then collect and analyze data using statistical methods for the purpose of generating concise test reports.
As our Hardware Test Technician, you will:
- Design test plans & test procedures for mechanical structures and robotic systems
- Setup test fixtures and deploy sensors for data collection
- Execute tests and produce test reports
- Analyze test data in support of verification and validation activities
- Report defects and track to closure
- Participate in root cause analysis and troubleshooting for existing products
- Attend standups and project meetings to provide test status and present test results
- Component inspection?
The successful candidate will have:
- Passion and aptitude for testing and problem solving in a fast paced environment
- Exceptional organizational and documentation skills
- Familiarity with statistical methods (six sigma, gauge R&R, etc.) to analyze test data
- Must be methodical and skilled at decomposing complex issues
- Ability to work equally well in a team or independently
- Hands on experience with sensors (pressure, flow, strain, load cell, temperature, accelerometers)
- DAQ experience (Labview, Beckhoff, misc PLC)
- Bachelor degree (ME or EE)
- Candidates without a degree having exceptional experience will be considered
- 3+ years of experience in a similar role
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Louisville, CO
Affirmative Action/EEO Statement:
AMP Robotics is an equal opportunity employer. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at the Company will be based on job openings, merit, qualifications, and abilities as required by the position. The Company does not discriminate, and does not permit its employees to discriminate against other employees, applicants, customers, or independent contractors because of:
- Sexual orientation (including gender identity or expression, including a person's orientation toward heterosexuality, homosexuality, bisexuality, or transgender status, or PeopleCare’s perception thereof)
- Pregnancy, childbirth, and related conditions
- Marital status
- National origin
- Military or veteran status
- Age (40 or over)
- Disability (including genetic information)
- Or, any other consideration made unlawful by applicable laws.
Equal employment opportunity will be extended to all persons in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship, including recruitment, hiring, upgrading, training, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, discipline, layoff, recall, and termination.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We recognize that there is more to work than the day-to-day responsibilities. In addition to a collaborative, high-performing team environment, we’re pleased to offer competitive base salaries; medical, dental and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off and sick time; flexible work hours; and the opportunity to quickly accelerate your learning and growth.
Salary & Compensation Information: $67,000 - $114,000
- Medical - The company covers up 85% to 100% of the premium for Cigna healthcare plans depending on the selection. Employees pay the difference in premium if they select a more expensive plan. Up to 75% for dependents.
- Dental, Vision, Short and Long Term Disability.
- 401(k) retirement plan (non-matching).
- 14 days PTO and 6 paid sick days.
- Nine (9) paid holidays – 7 company designated and 2 floating holidays. (salaried employees only).