AMP Robotics is a pioneer and industry leader in artificial intelligence and robotics for the recycling industry. Every day, we’re working to reimagine and actively modernize the world’s recycling infrastructure. Headquartered and manufacturing operations in Louisville, Colorado, we build and deploy cutting-edge technology solutions that solve many of the central challenges of recycling to make it more efficient, cost-effective, scalable, and sustainable.
We’re fostering an environment where talented, driven individuals can grow and create impact. We are looking for unconventional thinkers to join our mission; at AMP, your contributions have meaning and can spur change. With backing from top-tier investors including Sequoia Capital and recognition including Fortune’s Impact 20, Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, and Forbes’ most promising artificial intelligence companies in America, we’re always seeking ways to better our operations, raising the bar on innovation, and looking to collaborate and improve each day in what we do. Learn more at AMPRobotics.com.
AMP Robotics is hiring a Senior Hardware Test Engineer reporting to the Manager of QA to focus on the verification and validation of our flagship product. You will be tasked with participating in the full hardware development life cycle from requirement, & design review through to release testing and escalation response. You will be given the authority to devise test strategies and approaches. You will be encouraged to initiate improvements related to our quality processes. You will work side by side with your hardware design peers to ensure the team delivers the best quality release possible. You will develop and execute test procedures along with designing and building the requisite test fixtures to support that endeavor. You will provide succinct and meaningful reports that improve outcomes. Your intuition, technical expertise, input and experience will be wanted by your manager.
To succeed in this role you should be highly organized and methodical in how you approach your work. It is imperative that you have a broad technical understanding of the hardware development process and a willingness to learn on the job. You will be measured, first and foremost, by how well you collaborate with your peers and ultimately the level of rigor and application you bring to each and every assignment.
As our first dedicated Hardware Test Engineer, you will:
- Support the hardware design team to deliver high quality releases
- Participate in requirement & design review process
- Design test plans and test procedures
- Troubleshoot, debug and support existing products
- Report, track, and manage defects to resolution
- Use data to measure improvements and justify decisions
- Expand our testing capabilities by designing and building new test fixtures
- Collaborate with software and customer service teams
- Initiate improvements to raise the bar on our quality processes and documentation
- Lay the groundwork for future hires that you may mentor
The successful candidate will have:
- BS/BEng background and 10+ years of experience
- Passion for quality and testing
- Exceptional organizational and documentation skills
- Must be methodical and skilled at decomposing complex issues
- Ability to work equally well in a team or independently
- Imaginative and open minded for problem solving
- Familiarity with statistical methods (six sigma, gauge R&R, etc.)
- Hands on experience designing/building test fixtures:
- Machine shop competency
- Soldering and wiring
- Hands on experience with sensors (pressure, flow, strain, load cell, temperature, accelerometers)
- DAQ experience (labview, Beckhoff, misc PLC)
- Familiarity with mechanical structures and pneumatic systems
- Expertise in relation to reliability and environmental testing
- Hands on experience with Linux / embedded systems
- Exposure to ISO or working within a regulated environment
- 10+ years of experience
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Louisville, CO
Affirmative Action/EEO Statement:
AMP Robotics is an equal opportunity employer. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at the Company will be based on job openings, merit, qualifications, and abilities as required by the position. The Company does not discriminate, and does not permit its employees to discriminate against other employees, applicants, customers, or independent contractors because of:
- Sexual orientation (including gender identity or expression, including a person's orientation toward heterosexuality, homosexuality, bisexuality, or transgender status, or PeopleCare’s perception thereof)
- Pregnancy, childbirth, and related conditions
- Marital status
- National origin
- Military or veteran status
- Age (40 or over)
- Disability (including genetic information)
- Or, any other consideration made unlawful by applicable laws.
Equal employment opportunity will be extended to all persons in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship, including recruitment, hiring, upgrading, training, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, discipline, layoff, recall, and termination.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We recognize that there is more to work than the day-to-day responsibilities. In addition to a collaborative, high-performing team environment, we’re pleased to offer competitive base salaries; medical, dental and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off and sick time; flexible work hours; and the opportunity to quickly accelerate your learning and growth.
- Medical - The company covers up 85% to 100% of the premium for Cigna healthcare plans depending on the selection. Employees pay the difference in premium if they select a more expensive plan. Up to 75% for dependents.
- 401(k) retirement plan (non-matching).
- Seven (7) paid holidays – 7 company designated and 2 floating holidays. (salaried employees only)
- Referral bonuses for staff positions.
- Paid Vacation Leave – Accrues at a rate of 4.67 hours (0.58 days) per pay period (2 weeks). Unused PTO carries over each year with a 1-year limit.
- Paid Sick Leave – 64 hours per year, given in full on start date, refreshes on anniversary.