Guidance Navigation & Control Engineer at Boom Technologies, Inc (Greater Denver Area, CO)
Boom Supersonic is a Denver-based company redefining commercial flight by bringing supersonic flight back to the skies with Overture. This historic airliner is designed and committed to industry-leading standards of speed, safety, and sustainability. Boom’s vision is to bring families, businesses, and cultures closer together through supersonic travel and make the world dramatically more accessible.
Boom is the first commercial airplane manufacturer to commit to a carbon-neutral flight test program and to build sustainability into its entire aircraft program. The company is backed by world-class investors and has 30 aircraft on pre-order. Founded in 2014, Boom has assembled a team of over 150 full-time employees who have made contributions to over 220 air and spacecraft programs.
Are you passionate about building the supersonic future? Come join the team and help us make aviation history!
- Working with the Overture design group (especially Stability & Control and Simulation disciplines) to assess aircraft aerodynamic characteristics, and to develop a representative 6DoF and LOES, flight model.
- Help define the architecture of the Flight Control Laws for Overture.
- Evaluating the performance of the Control Laws architecture.
- Creation of tools for Flight Control Laws development.
- Soliciting feedback from pilots, or other design disciplines.
- Solid experience with simulation/analysis of ﬂight models using Matlab & Simulink, including closed-loop flight control system design & optimization.
- Good grasp of aerodynamics, aero-elastics and aircraft load constraints.
- Experience in Flight Control Laws development on a Part 25 program.
- Experience with Pilot-in-the loop testing at simulation and integration Labs as well as Certification Flight test environments.
- Good grasp of electro-hydraulic flight control actuation systems.
- Veriﬁcation of handling qualities against Part 25 and/or MIL-STD-1797B.
- In depth knowledge of software verification and requirement guidelines (DO178/ARP4754).
- A relevant Bachelor's Engineering degree or higher level of education.
- At least 2 + years of relevant experience.
- Effective communication skills.
- Communicating complex technical results to a wide audience.
- Tool automation using Python and/or Matlab.
- S&C experience preferred.
- Masters degree.
The Base Salary Range for this position is $0-$235,000 and represents the low and high end of the range for this position. Actual salaries will vary based on factors including but not limited to location, experience, and performance. The range listed is just one component of Boom’s total rewards package for employees. Other rewards may include performance bonuses, long term incentives/equity, an open PTO policy, and many other progressive benefits.
To conform to U.S. Government aerospace technology export regulations (ITAR and EAR), applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here (https://www.pmddtc.state.gov/?id=ddtc_public_portal_itar_landing)
Boom is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Want to build a faster future? Come join Boom.