Zayo provides mission-critical bandwidth to the world’s most impactful companies, fueling the innovations that are transforming our society. Zayo’s 133,000-mile network in North America and Europe includes extensive metro connectivity to thousands of buildings and data centers. Zayo’s communications infrastructure solutions include dark fiber, private data networks, wavelengths, Ethernet, dedicated Internet access, and colocation services. Zayo owns and operates a Tier 1 IP Backbone and 44 carrier-neutral data centers. Through its Cloudlink service, Zayo provides low latency private connectivity that attaches enterprises to their public cloud environments. Zayo serves wireless and wireline carriers, media, tech, content, finance, healthcare and other large enterprises.
The Grooms Engineer is responsible for building, maintaining and documenting the enterprise and management data communications and telecommunications global networks. The preferred candidate will have four or more years of experience working with enterprise data networks that includes the regular provisioning of layer 2 and layer 3 data communications devices from a variety of manufacturers including Cisco Systems, Juniper and Palo Alto Networks. The exceptional candidate will flourish in a fast-paced, rapidly growing, forward thinking corporate environment.
Knowledge of Cisco and Juniper products, their functionality, configuration and best practices.
Engineer and design solutions, which can include public and private telecommunications networks.
Project manage network installation projects consisting of telecommunications equipment, systems, and services; develop operating procedures; and provide on-going technical support.
Assume operational responsibility for SD-WAN/LAN/WAN, wireless and monitoring systems as assigned.
Interact between internal groups and provide recommendations and support.
Record and track orders and complete tickets to meet requested service dates.
Promote standardization across technical environments, driving changes when necessary for architectural improvements, support ability, and reliability.
Provide technical support to internal work groups.
Perform maintenance and upgrades on the network to improve reliability and security.
Provision new circuits, routers, and other network equipment as required.
Troubleshoot network issues and develop solutions.
Integrate new networks that have been acquired by Zayo Group.
Take part in on-call rotation.
- Bachelor’s degree highly desirable, or equivalent telecommunications experience.
- Ability to learn and adapt in a fast paced environment.
- Experience with Cisco and Juniper network environment supporting data center and corporate-facing infrastructure.
- Hands-on networking experience with Cisco and Juniper routers and switches.
- Experience troubleshooting and configuring firewalls and VPN appliances (ideally Palo Alto and Cisco ASA).
- Understanding of Network routing and switching protocols: OSPF, BGP, MPLS, DIA, OMP, VRRP, IPSEC, VLAN, ACL’s, VPN, STP, port channel, 802.11, QoS and L2/L3 etc.
- Experience in planning, designing Implementation & troubleshooting of Data Center networks.
- Solid understanding of the OSI or TCP/IP model and associated equipment.
- Hands-on experience with monitoring, network diagnostic and network analytics tools.
- Understanding of SDWAN.
- Good understanding of Network Automation concepts.
- Cisco vEdge, cEdge, Meraki and Juniper QFX, EX and MX experience is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Effective time management skills and customer focus.
- CCNA is a plus.
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave