Global Manager, Sustainability Engineering - Water at Ball Aerospace
Do you want to work for a world-leading manufacturer who strives to build a better future through sustainability and innovation? Are you looking for a new challenge in a stable, fast-growing sector?
Join us, and build your career by helping us build the future.
We are a global leader in sustainable products with more than 21,000 team members worldwide. From infinitely recyclable aluminum cans, cups, and aerosol bottles, to aerospace solutions that enable our customers to have a deeper understanding of our planet and the universe. We produce all these incredible things with one unique purpose: crafting a better community, a better society, a better world.
Moreover, each of us has a deep commitment to diversity and inclusion which is the foundation of our culture of belonging. And everyone at Ball is an everyday champion, making a difference by doing what we love.
We lead with our heads and our hearts and combine innovative thinking with a spirit of resiliency that keeps us moving forward in a relentless pursuit of new ways to make life, and the world, better. Whether we’re developing packaging that’s infinitely recyclable or aerospace innovations. Because what we create may change, but what we will always make is a difference.
The manager of sustainability engineering, water, is responsible for promoting the efficient use of water within the process and the optimization of waste water streams and for driving standardization across the organization. The scope of work will encompass new facility builds as well as identifying relevant upgrades to existing plant infrastructure and equipment. The manager of sustainability engineering will coordinate activities with the cross-regional chemical process team to establish and direct common and standard practices that are industry leading and best-in-class in all Ball plants worldwide.
What will you be responsible for?
- Coordinates a cross-regional team to ensure the implementation of global standards in new plant builds and develops a plan for roll-out and implementation within existing Ball facilities.
- Develops and communicates standardized equipment requirements which will lead to best in class water consumption and waste generation performance for all new and existing Ball plants worldwide, working in conjunction with other non-engineering functions within Ball where necessary.
- Utilizes current industry best practices to establish and deploy standards across Ball’s plant network and identifies opportunities from outside of the industry. Liaison with OEM’s and suppliers to generate Ball standards and ensure ongoing compliance with these.
- Supports regional engineering resources in the implementation of global standards and operational continuous improvement planning.
- Demonstrates strong knowledge and utilization of Lean Six Sigma in all phases of the design and implementation of global standards.
- Monitors capital project cost estimates within the regional operating plan to target optimum return on investments with respect to water consumption performance
- Review of ongoing audit, monitoring and performance reporting and Identification and prioritization of potential upgrades to existing equipment base
- Identifies and coordinates with suppliers areas of opportunity for improved electricity usage to develop improvements on new equipment
- Advise and train where necessary to ensure company-wide understanding and adoption of corporate sustainability targets
What are we looking for?
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through a graduate-level education or work-related experience.
- Job related experience for 5+ years minimum, including experience in packaging manufacturing.
- Knowledge of contracts and specifications.
- Excellent program/project management skills as demonstrated through the successful achievement of assigned objectives.
- Exhibited a developmental, entrepreneurial mind set with abstract analysis skills; applicant should be logical, flexible in approach.
- A demonstrated ability to think strategically and execute tactically from a holistic thinking/systems perspective.
- Excellent communication skills - verbal, written and presentation skills, required.
- Financial literacy and business acumen with the ability to objectively assess projects and teams and meet cost, margin, and profitability targets.
- Proficient computer skills in MS Word, Excel, and Project.
Compensation & Benefits:
For all applicants, the appropriate local market competitive Salary ranges will be applied based on your experience and local market position.
For applicants that will be hired in the U.S., the anticipated salary range for this position is: $100,000 - 152,605. In all other markets, more information will be provided during the application process.
This role may be eligible to participate in the annual incentive compensation plan appropriate to the country of hire.
Ball includes a comprehensive benefits structure, specific to each country of Hire.
For applicants that will be hired in the U.S., please go to our career site and click "Total Rewards" to learn more about our U.S. Benefits. In all other markets, more information will be provided during the application process.
Ball Corporation has been made aware of reports involving fraudulent job offers. These often appear legitimate, but Ball does not make job offers until after a candidate has submitted a job application and has participated in a face-to-face interview (In person or via WebEx). All email correspondence from Ball Corporation ends in “@ball.com.” Please also be advised that Ball will never request payment or require candidates to deposit a check during the recruitment and onboarding processes. If you have questions about any open positions at Ball, please visit our careers website at https://jobs.ball.com/.
If you have applied to a position and have been asked for personal information through LinkedIn, please notify LinkedIn directly.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans