Geospatial Cloud Services System Architect
Serve as one of the software architectural leads for all aspects of the design and development of the online GCS platform which hosts and streams imagery to thousands of customers every day.
- Work closely with Chief Product Owner, Product Owners, Development managers, and Customer Liaisons to ensure new feature work is well architected for current and future needs
- Ensure that the architecture supports the expected demand on the system for the next 5 years
- Participates in readiness and planning activities including coarse sizing, the creation and grooming of Capabilities and Features, Defect Review, Product Council, and Release planning
- Track record with cloud computing infrastructures (e.g. AWS) and hybrid cloud architectures
- Maintain open lines of communication to the teams by providing software development mentorship
- Build and maintain long term architectural roadmap for the platform
- Maintain awareness/communication with other trains and enterprise architecture to facilitate knowledge sharing and reduce redundant development
- Continue to refine as-built architecture descriptions and diagrams of DGCS components
- Participate in large project MSDs/MDRs as needed
- Maintain Stack ranked tech debt list for GCS (with inputs from other Architects, Stakeholders, Developers, DevOps etc)
- Lead Architectural COP for GCS
- Plan GCS Hackathons
- Mix of internally and externally focused relative to the train
- At least 10 years experience with Software Architecture.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Development, etc required.
- United States citizenship and ability to obtain clearance
DigitalGlobe offers a generous compensation package including a competitive salary; choice of medical plan; dental, life, and disability insurance; a 401(K) plan with competitive company match; paid holidays and paid time off.