Fullstack Software Engineer Onboarding eXperience - Remote Portugal at Dataiku
Headquartered in New York City, Dataiku was founded in Paris in 2013 and achieved unicorn status in 2019. Now, more than 1,000 employees work across the globe in our offices and remotely. Backed by a renowned set of investors and partners including CapitalG, Tiger Global, and ICONIQ Growth, we’ve set out to build the future of AI.
Helping users to successfully use your product, continuously nudging them with the right elements, at the right moment with the right channel, is a critical part of any top-notch software. In that context, Dataiku is looking for a talented software engineer to create a seamless and unified help and onboarding experience for Dataiku. Dataiku brings together big data and AI technologies into a unique and easy-to-use platform. It allows data scientists to process data with SQL databases, Spark, and Kubernetes with either user-friendly interfaces or code. The platform is technology-agnostic and can adapt to any ecosystem.
What we do:
The goal of the OPALS project (Onboarding, Product Adoption, Learning, and Support) is to create an outstanding help and onboarding experience for the end users. In particular, by creating a unified experience between online Dataiku services and the product, we help users to understand the value of the product, find and implement use cases, get support along the way and upskill into experts and champions.
What you will be doing:
Here are some examples of what you might do:
- Create public SaaS components and APIs, and securely integrate those components with third parties such as CRMs, live chat, chatbots and outbound messaging applications
- Implement and leverage gamification mechanism
- Create a unique learning center for user to upskill on the product
- Design smart help assistant with user-centric recommendation mechanism
- Design advanced in-product tutorials and tours framework
You are the ideal recruit if:
- You have experience in software development and are interested in creating smooth onboarding experiences that strive to create adoption
- You are customer-oriented - you want to understand how the product is used and solve actual customer problems.
- You can't resist the beauty of gems
- You're familiar with user experience concepts and methodologies
- You have firsthand experience (either professional or personal) building a real product
- You are humble and kind
- You don't hesitate to ask questions when you don't know, and you treat your colleagues with respect, kindness, and honesty
- You want to be able to define your own version of work-life balance - flexible is our go-to word, it applies equally to remote work, vacations and parental benefits
- You need autonomy to thrive - we trust our people, give them space to do their best and stay away from artificial deadlines
- You enjoy spending time with your colleagues and learning from your peers - meet for Friday universities, annual offsites, virtual trivia nights and more
- You like feeling cared about - watch out for the magical Christmas box delivered at home and an unforgettable onboarding week
- You care about giving back - it’s what our Ikig.AI program is all about: Dataikers are encouraged to work pro bono for one or several nonprofits of their choosing
If you want to learn more about our hiring process, you can read this article about our engineering hiring philosophy.