Full Stack WordPress Developer
Marijuana Business Daily (MJBizDaily) is the most experienced, fastest growing & world-renowned producer of B2B news and tradeshows, serving executives and major investors in the $8 billion cannabis industry. Founded in 2011, the company has been on the Inc 500/1000 for the last three years running. Among its many offerings, MJBizDaily produces MJBizCon, the industry's largest B2B trade show, which attracted over 27,000 attendees in 2018 and has received numerous awards for its unprecedented growth.
We are currently seeking a talented Full Stack WordPress Developer to help build our technology infrastructure. In this role you will collaborate with our talented team to take on a wide variety of projects and drive them to a successful conclusion.
You will be based in our Lakewood office (with a gym and café in the building) and receive a competitive salary, paid time off, a 401(k) with an automatic contribution, and health benefits. We offer a great work-life balance including a generous vacation policy. You will thrive in this fast-paced environment if you are collaborative, a team player, innovative, and eager to learn in this rapidly growing and changing industry.
Put Simply, here at MJBizDaily we like what we do, and who we do it with.
What we're looking for:
· A minimum of five years of solid development experience. If you have substantially more than five years, we would still like to talk to you.
· A project portfolio that demonstrates your talent
· Development experience on at least one CMS, with WordPress strongly preferred
· Optimization of sites for SEO, speed and overall user experience
· Experience with testing tools
· Requirement gathering and communication skills
· A positive attitude coupled with the ability to find creative, innovative solutions
· A desire to be part of a team, to mentor and to share your knowledge - not to just put your head down and code for 40 hours a week
· A sense of ownership and pride in what you create
Bonus skill sets and experience:
· E-commerce set-ups, especially those involving subscription sites and paywalls
· Experience working with media or event companies
· A passion for delivering elegant, responsive designs for all devices
· The code skills to create integrations and automations between disparate systems
· Exposure to conversion optimization practices, and how to implement those to look great
· Presentation of content and data in innovative ways
· Experience with AWS or other hosting providers
Marijuana Business Daily is a division of Anne Holland Ventures, Inc., a woman-owned and equal opportunity employer.