Full Stack Software Engineer at EverCommerce
GoodTherapy.org is looking for a great self-motivated software developer to join our team in Denver, CO. Daily responsibilities will include product input, architecture, development, and working closely with the Customer Support and QA team to deliver outstanding software. If you are inspired and passionate about making a huge impact in behavioral health and at a growing company, we would love to talk!
You love to build great products, and view software as just one of the tools in your toolbox. You can put the customer’s hat on to see your product through their eyes. You enjoy solving complex problems and get satisfaction in authoring code that is both robust and understandable. You know that building great software is a journey of continuous incremental improvement, and you embrace best practices to help you along.
GoodTherapy, an EverCommerce company, connects therapists and people seeking therapy, as well as helping mental health professionals grow their practices. Our team is committed to educating the public about the benefits of therapy, reducing stigma, and connecting people.
EverCommerce is bringing together best-of-breed commerce solutions in the service sector, forming one service commerce platform that improves go-to-market strategy for technology companies and simplifies the software-buying process for business owners. Our ecosystem enables companies to thrive in an environment of shared knowledge and resources with significant cost savings.
The GoodTherapy HQ is located in RiNo, in Denver, CO. Our team is working remotely through the end of 2020, we'd prefer someone to be Denver-based when the office reopens.
- 5+ years of software development experience in a web-based environment
- 2+ years of experience in PHP 5/7.x applications
- Working knowledge of
- HTTP and RESTful services
- Relational-database design and SQL
- Linux based environments and tooling
- Deployment solutions such as managing servers, AWS or other cloud offerings
- Ability and interest to learn both the tech and the product quickly
- Comfortable working at a small dynamic company
- Ability to translate business goals into own work assignments
- Encourages and accepts personal feedback
- Can use judgment to solve problems where protocol might not exist
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States
Nice to Haves:
- Background in practice management systems or other healthcare software solutions
- Working knowledge of
- Redis and/or MariaDB/MySQL
- PHP frameworks such as Laravel/CakePHP
- Docker and/or Kubernetes
- DevOps and deployment best practices
- Google analytics and conversion tracking techniques
- Commitment to Test-driven Development, continuous integration, and test automation
- Desire to debate and explore new technologies
- Help shape the applications, UI, and systems that help make key connections between therapists and people seeking therapy
- Work with team members to translate advanced business requirements into technical architectural design and implementation
- Implement business logic and feature in our stack, ranging from our PHP monolith to implementing third party integrations
- Provide input and design enhancements ranging from rework of existing feature to larger initiatives
- Work with the Customer Support and QA Team to deliver customer value with quality and agility
Benefits and Perks:
- Competitive salary
- Robust medical benefits & 401k with match
- Gym stipend
- Start with 17 days of PTO, 8 standard holidays and your birthday off, plus a day to volunteer each year
- Continued investment in your professional development
- Snacks, lunches and happy hours (when the office is open)
Please note that you must be able to work in the U.S. without sponsorship in order to be eligible for employment for this role. EverCommerce is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We look forward to reviewing your credentials and getting to know more about your experience!