Full-Stack Software Engineer
Health Sqyre is an e-commerce company that allows patients to buy medical supplies online using their insurance. Our shopping tools empower patients to compare product pricing using their insurance with real-time transparency of deductibles, co-insurance rates, and out-of-pocket maximums to make informed buying decisions saving time and money.
Join on the ground floor, but enjoy the benefits of a strong foundation and rapid growth. Health Sqyre’s platform is live, generating revenues, and serving hundreds of paying clients per month. We have partnerships with more than a dozen medical equipment providers who are in-network with several major insurance companies including Aetna, BCBS, United Healthcare, and more, enabling us to serve insured customers across 40% of the US market. We have just raised a seed round of capital that includes investment from leading industry players, including AdaptHealth (Nasdaq:AHCO), Health Partners, Cape Medical, XMed, and others.
Health Sqyre is headquartered in Denver, Colorado.
Who You Are
You have an entrepreneurial spirit and are driven by the thrill of building and scaling a company. You have exceptional leadership and communication skills (even with non-tech, business-side peers) and take pride in being fast learning, precise, efficient, enthusiastic, focused, hard-working, and collaborative - just to name a few. You are self-directed, and have the drive to help “steer the ship” yet are also comfortable working within a team structure. You possess superior analytical and problem-solving abilities and actively seek change as an opportunity for growth.
Do you find yourself wanting more responsibility and wanting to play a pivotal role at a tech startup?
Do you love building and iterating features to scale for rapid growth?
Do you want to work with an exceptional team of like-minded, driven, focused, smart, and hard-working individuals?
If so then we'd love to speak with you!
As a Full-Stack Engineer at Health Sqyre, your primary responsibility is to help take this promising startup to the next level and to guide our platform through a period of rapid scale. You apply a “do whatever it takes” attitude to play an important role in our engineering efforts -- driving technical decisions, embracing rapid iteration, implementing features and systems that will scale with the business. The position is truly full-stack, as you may be asked to evolve front end systems and to write the supporting python-based RESTful API to complete various features. You work on a small, high-potential team that brings deep industry, data science, and e-commerce expertise to address a compelling and unmet market. Your workday includes coding, troubleshooting, architecting, prototyping, and executing technical solutions that will have the largest impact on the business.
- Help build and design the overall architecture of several web applications, both internal and customer-facing
- Maintain quality and ensure responsiveness of applications
- Collaborate with the rest of the team to design, build, and launch new features
- Maintain code integrity and organization
- Understand and implement security and data protection
- 1-3+ years of professional experience as a developer
- Experience with software design and architecture
- Experience with API design and development
- Proficient in relational database management systems (RDBMS) such as PostgreSQL
- Detailed understanding of continuous integration (CI) practice and testing disciplines
- Proficiency with Git, and an active Github account
Nice to Haves
- Experience with Ruby and Python
- Tech lead experience
- Familiarity with AWS services such as RDS, EC2, Lambda, etc.
- Computer Science or related degree
- Knowledge of visual design concepts and best practices
- Familiarity with microservice architectures
- Experience with ecommerce, internal tools and/or process automation development
- High level of comfort working in an Agile environment
Health Sqyre offers a competitive compensation package that includes salary and equity vests in our promising seed-stage start-up.
What We Offer
- A challenging opportunity, and a great team to work beside
- A data-driven environment where your insights and expertise are valued
- An environment where you can move fast, work hard, see results, and make an impact
- An opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a successful startup
- Ability to work remotely 2-3 days week
At Health Sqyre we hire people who exhibit gumption, act like owners, outperform, and are fun to be around. If this sounds like a great fit for you, and a challenge you're ready to run with, we want to hear from you.