Full-Stack Software Engineer – 3 to 5 years of experience at CampMinder
Hi there! We’re CampMinder, and we’re looking for full-stack software engineers to join our Boulder-based team. We build meaningful solutions for summer camps that make it easier for camp operators to create great experiences. As a software engineer, you’ll leverage your existing skill set while diving into technologies to create scalable applications that impact more than 500,000 kids each summer. We seek out curious, collaborative people who are eager to teach what they already know and who jump at the opportunity to learn new things.
We believe work can and should be a positive experience. We aim to make it fulfilling (strong sense of purpose, interesting challenges, opportunities for learning and growth) and fun (team outings, regular barbecues, dogs galore). Our team values brainstorming and solving problems together, rather than individually. Everyone’s voice matters. We communicate openly and welcome healthy and respectful debate. We embrace Agile methodologies.
Another thing you should know about working here is that we pair-program a lot of the time. We believe pair programming creates opportunities to cross-train and leads to better designs and higher quality software.
We have an older legacy / monolithic stack and a year-old microservices / containers / mobile stack. Right now, our efforts are focused on expanding the new stack and transforming the old one. We use .NET/C#, Go, React Native, TypeScript, Kubernetes, Docker, and RabbitMQ. While we expect that you will eventually learn and become comfortable with both the legacy and the new tech stacks, this role will initially be focused on helping us transform the legacy stack.
What You Bring:
- Experience transforming and modernizing legacy code
- A genuine passion for refactoring and improving legacy systems
- Experience creating and maintaining complex, large-scale software products
- A strong understanding of architectural principles
- 3+ years’ experience developing web applications using C#/.NET
- Relational database design and development
- RESTful API development
- A commitment to our core values: Wonder, Find a Better Way, Own It, Be Admirable, Put Team First, and Give Joy
- A willingness to share your expertise and mentor others in best practices
- A true love of solving complex problems and maintaining high quality standards
- A dedication to learning and using the right tool for each job (i.e. you’re not tied to a professional identity as a “[some technology] developer.” You identify as a software engineer or a technologist.
Bonus points for:
- Microservices design and development
- Distributed event-based systems using message brokers / messaging, asynchronous communication
- Containerization and container orchestration using Kubernetes, Docker, and Terraform, especially as it relates to SDLC and CI/CD
- Automated testing, continuous integration and delivery tools
More About Us
Since 2001, CampMinder has been an industry leader in delivering innovative web-based systems to streamline summer camp business operations. The company works with nearly 900 of the industry’s leading camps, throughout the United States and beyond. Based in Boulder, CO, CampMinder cultivates a purpose-driven, values-led culture. CampMinder was recognized as one of Outside Magazine’s Best Places to Work in America in 2017 and 2018 and was named one of INC. Magazine’s Best Workplaces in 2019.
We offer competitive pay, a 401(k) with a 4% company match, comprehensive health insurance (medical/dental/vision), a monthly wellness stipend, flexible hours, unlimited PTO, paid parental leave, a welcoming and inclusive culture, and the most amazing co-workers you’ll ever have.
You can learn more by visiting www.campminder.com. We look forward to hearing from you!