The successful candidate will participate in a team environment with structured development lifecycles, as follows: analyze and define system requirements, perform system/application design, develop capability prototypes, develop and implement operational systems, conduct unit and integration testing of application modules. The successful candidate will help develop analysis and visualization frameworks to address problems that are inherently spatiotemporal in resource availability, energy distribution networks, and energy demand scenarios. Candidates should be interested in working in an interdisciplinary field, together with computer scientists, policy analysts, and data engineers, which will require excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Duties will include:
- Work internally with product managers, developers, designers and data scientists
- Work across all layers of code while maintaining a solid understanding of the architecture
- Design and implement new features and also maintain and debug existing ones
- Stay up to date on emerging technologies
- Integrate data from back-end services, databases and APIs
- Contribute and follow quality assurance procedures and documentation.
- Test and evaluate new applications
- Deploy and monitor the application suite
For examples of our existing products, visit https://www.nrel.gov/gis/applications-visualizations.html
Please submit a cover letter with your application to be considered.