Four Winds Interactive seeks a Software Developer to work with the Product development team. This position will serve as a key member of the FWI cloud development team that is responsible for building our next generation platform. This person will work with other developers, architects, product and QA Engineers to design and develop the foundational aspects of the platform.
We know there's no such thing as a "perfect" candidate - we're all a work in progress and are growing new skills and capabilities all the time. We encourage you to apply for a position with FWI even if you don't meet 100% of the requirements. We believe in fostering an environment with a diversity of perspectives, in hopes that we can all thrive.
- Design and develop backend services using TypeScript, NodeJS and the associated frameworks.
- Develop new features, enhancements, and maintain software products and applications.
- Help improve our code quality with writing unit tests and code reviews.
- Research and recommend solutions based on the latest trends.
- Collaborate with product team to understand the user stories and translate that into an effective technical solution.
- Team up with other developers and architects to build highly scalable, secure and reliable services.
- Bachelor of Computer Science/Technology or equivalent experience
- Hands on experience with AWS is a MUST
- 5+ years of developing backend software in an enterprise team environment
- Strong experience in TypeScript, NodeJS and the associated frameworks
- Professional experience with NoSQL and SQL databases
- Experience with Message Queues and Event Driven Architecture
- Experience with both containers (ex. Docker) & AWS Lambdas
- Experience in building RESTful web services
- Solid software design principles that meets the architectural standards
- Understanding of how to write clean code that manages complexity
- Passion for technology and building highly scalable solutions
- Ability to work in a team environment and be a strong team player
Helpful for Success:
- Experience of building and supporting scalable and secure web services
- Experience working with JS React Framework and/or other UI Frameworks
- Direct knowledge about application security best practices
- Experience with Elastic Search & Redis
- Strong interest in systems architecture and a passion to learn
- Familiarity or experience with full stack development
- Good at solving problems and thinking creatively
- Generate ideas based on customer feedback and market input
Compensation Range: $100,000.00 to $120,000.00
About Four Winds Interactive
With 6,000+ clients and over 500,000 screens deployed, FWI's software platform is driving Visual Communications to millions of people every day, all over the world. We are a values-driven organization that encourages our employees to bring their authentic self to work every day and empowers everyone to make a tangible impact on our products, clients and culture. Our employees are passionate about their craft, but they are also parents, skiers, comedians, runners, animal lovers, foodies and phenomenal human beings who appreciate our dedication to providing a healthy work/life balance.
We're proud to be one of Built In Colorado's top digital tech companies . At FWI, our culture is important to us. We are a diverse team of talented, passionate people who want to make a difference, but don't take ourselves too seriously. If our core values speak to you, we want to meet you:
- Bring your best self
- See it
- Own it
- Crush it
- Be Gracious
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
US Benefits Overview