Full-Stack Senior Software & Marketing Engineer at Peaksware
As Full-Stack Senior Software & Marketing Engineer at TrainingPeaks, you build software that helps our athletes and coaches achieve their goals, including gold medalist Olympians, Tour de France teams, and IRONMAN® World Champions. You understand and appreciate the unique challenges of training and coaching for endurance sports. And, you enjoy the challenge of building high quality solutions to communicate with this audience.
You have a broad skill set on the front end and back end, with significant depth in at least one area. You are experienced with quickly building static and dynamic sites, and integrating with a variety of external platforms to support customer tracking and communication, or other business needs.
You have a strong foundation in software engineering principles and best practices, and you love the challenges of delivering solutions in a fast paced marketing environment, while also driving engineering quality and software maintainability.
You consistently deliver exceptional business results and exceptional software quality. You excel at collaborating with other engineers, product managers, UX researchers and UI designers, in a fast paced environment, to find pragmatic solutions to challenging problems.
You are a driving force for quality, positive change, and continuous improvement, and you constantly raise your team’s standards and bring out the best in your peers. You understand that personal skills, relationships, and team dynamics are just as important as software architecture. You are committed to helping our customers, our business, and your teammates achieve their goals.
As Full-Stack Senior Software & Marketing Engineer you will:
- Continuously deliver new features and content, and improvements to existing features and content, across multiple static sites, and front end and full stack marketing applications
- Collaborate with other engineers, PM, UX, UI, and QA to make rapid decisions and respond to changing business demands
- Serve as a technical resource for creative, sales, brand, and content teams, informing discussions and objectives with technical considerations to surface all options and evaluate the true cost / benefit of each
- Implement shared components, internal APIs, developer tools, documentation, and more, to provide a high quality experience for our customers, our marketing team, and our engineers
- Plan and implement refactoring and rearchitecting projects to reduce technical debt, improve quality, and improve system maintainability and team scalability
- Collaborate with other senior engineers, and mentor less experienced engineers, to drive a culture of continuous improvement and shared understanding
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Proven experience with web marketing technologies including static site generators, content management systems, CRM systems, analytics platforms and marketing API’s, responsive web design, and SEO
- Broad technical skills in front end and back end technologies, including deep knowledge in one or more areas
- Solid software engineering foundation including consistent application of OO and FP design principles, architecture principles, and modern best practices, well beyond the level normally expected of a ‘web developer’
- Strong software testing skills, including TDD, unit testing, integration testing, and UI testing with Cypress or Webdriver
- Continuous delivery mindset, and experience driving CD culture and practices
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous improvement of yourself and your team
Ideally, you also possess:
- Strong front end technical skills in JS, CSS, and HTML, including deep knowledge of React web components, or other component based architectures
- Strong server side API programming experience, including Microsoft .Net framework, C#, Node.js, and Serverless computing
- Database and search index knowledge, including SQL Server, and ElasticSearch
- Familiarity with AWS or other cloud providers, and cloud best practices
- Cross functional collaboration experience on agile / lean product development teams
- Endurance sports experience or knowledge, and appreciation of the needs of endurance athletes and coaches
- Experience with TrainingPeaks
If this job description excites you, we're looking forward to connecting!
Please Note: A code test will be included as part of the interview process
Benefits and Perks Include:
- 100% company paid medical plan for employees with buy-up options as well as dental and vision insurance for employees (dependent coverage available)
- 401(k) 5% match
- $1,200/year fitness reimbursement to purchase any items related to healthy living
- 3 weeks of PTO for all new hires; increase in PTO at various years of service
- 4 week paid sabbatical for all employees after 7 years of employment
- Stocked kitchen with snacks and drinks
- Dog friendly office
- Music Studio for all to practice, jam, and record
- On-site workout area access: treadmill, bike trainers, rowers, and full weight lifting gym with CrossFit equipment, with changing rooms and showers and towel service
- Corporate discounts on gym memberships and top-brand gear
- Beautiful North East Boulder, CO location (with a few remote days possible)
- Flexible work schedule in a culture of trust
TrainingPeaks is a member of the Peaksware family of companies including Alfred Publishing, MakeMusic, TrainingPeaks, and TrainHeroic. Peaksware was recognized as #15 on Built in Colorado's "Best Places to Work" list and five times by Outside Magazine's "Best Places to Work"! Through our unique approach to deliberate practice, each company within Peaksware develops software solutions to help users on their individual journeys of skill development and improvement.