Who is Curu?
Curu is a financial technology company on a mission to provide a path to credit approval for those without one. We are a lead recovery solution that enables lenders to fund more loans by building their applicant’s bankability and eligibility (think Path to Apple Card but for any credit product). With over $100B lost annually on rejected and abandoned loan applications, Curu’s white-labeled Approval Dashboard works with lenders to expand their total available market and reduce their customer acquisition costs by showing their applicants steps they can take in order to get approved.
What you'll be doing at Curu...
- Contributing to a cross-functional team that is delivering solutions for some of the biggest names in the financial industry
- Working directly with clients to improve their current offerings in addition to conceptualizing new ways to engage with their existing and prospective borrowers
- Partnering with the Back-end Engineers to develop the necessary RestFUL communications and API calls
- Working closely with QA Engineers to ensure and enforce consistent software quality
- Collaborating with the product owners during planning and design sessions to understand requirements and develop them into working features
How you'll do it at Curu...
- You’ll leverage your 4+ years of development experience to provide your team with feedback and industry expertise
- You’ll tap into your passion for building intuitive, performant, and secure softwares experiences to create the next generation of industry-leading technology
- You’ll quench your natural craving for problem-solving by building MVPs and designing software solutions
- You see every impediment as an opportunity to perfect how you work and communicate with the rest of the team
- You'll have the agility to make fast and informed decisions to meet various deadlines
- You’re well organized, detail-oriented, able to multi-task, and have excellent time-management skills
- Java 8 (JAX-RS, JAX-WS, JDBC, etc.)
- Data APIs (e.g Restful API)
- Python (Django)
- HTML (Web Design, Responsive, Webpage Graphics)
- CSS (Bootstrap)
- JS (JQuery)
- Browser Developer Tools
- XHR Requests
- Data Formats (e.g., JSON, XML).
Bonus Points for:
- Interest in product design and UX
- Experience with Sketch or Adobe XD
- Speaks spanish
Where is Curu going...
Curu’s vision is to completely eliminate rejection from credit-based decisions by replacing the traditional and disheartening “rejection letter” with an approval dashboard. We want to be the bridge between consumers and their financial goals. We plan on doing this by supporting underrepresented credit applicants who are motivated to become more financially literate. While we work with these applicants to demonstrate improved borrower characteristics, we will also be working with the financial institution partner to improve their overall lending experience.