Full Stack Engineer at Ibotta
Ibotta is looking for a mid to senior Full Stack Engineer to build software that helps our shoppers save time and money. As part of the engineering team, you will work on the platform that powers our website. Every engineer has input into our product process and will have a real impact as part of a small, nimble team.
This position is located in Denver, Colorado or with the option of full-time remote. Candidates must live in the United States.
What you will be doing:
- Embrace and uphold Ibotta’s Core Values: Integrity, Boldness, Ownership, Teamwork, Transparency & Advocate for Savers
- Build responsive, customer-facing sites in Vue.Js, Ember.js and other front-end technologies
- Work with a cross-functional team to design and develop new features that will be used by millions of users
- Write tests and perform code reviews to ensure that we're shipping reliable, readable, and reusable code
- Own our technical solutions from terraform to CSS
- Stay abreast of the ever-changing technology landscape to identify the best tools and technologies for the problems we’re solving
- Build new microservices using the right language/tool for the job. Our current microservices are written in a variety of languages including Node, Ruby, Java etc
What we are looking for:
- 3+ years of experience in software development
- Experience across relevant technologies such as Typescript, Ruby, Java, Kotlin, etc.
- Knowledge of object-oriented software design, development, and architectural principles
- Working knowledge of source control systems including Git
- CSS, Responsive Design & Design Systems
- Building component libraries
Nice to have:
- Vue.JS, Ember.js
- Ruby on Rails
- Building APIs for internal or external applications
- Experience mentoring teammates
- Automated testing using tools such as RSpec and Mocha
- Scrum/Agile development
Here are some of the traits that we seek in great engineers:
- love to teach and learn from your co-workers
- look for ways to continually challenge yourself and develop as an engineer
- understand that communication is a huge part of your software engineering responsibility and practice it daily
- understand that testing your code is one of the most important aspects of software engineering
- respect diverse perspectives and like collaborating with other engineers to solve hard problems
- understand that delivering products incrementally helps provide more value to the business
- trust your teammates, and embrace healthy conflict and debate. You are not afraid to voice your opinions, but you are okay with not always being right
Built in Denver, CO, Ibotta ("I bought a...") is a free mobile shopping app that gives users cash back on groceries and more. Through our partnerships with brands and retailers like Procter & Gamble, Kraft Heinz, Kellogg, Amazon, Walmart, Target and Uber, we’ve delivered over $1B in cumulative cash rewards to our Savers. Guided by our values and our mission to make every purchase rewarding, we come to work energized by the business problems we get to solve, the technology we get to build, and the people we get to innovate (and have fun) with. Ibotta made Inc.’s 2020 list of the 5000 fastest-growing private companies in the U.S. for the third consecutive year. In 2019, we became the first mobile consumer technology company in Colorado to achieve $1B in valuation.
To learn more about what our Tech teams are doing day to day, visit Building Ibotta on Medium.com
- This position is located in Denver, CO and includes competitive pay, flexible time off, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), Lifestyle Spending Account, 401k match, profit sharing and equity.
- Base compensation range: $88,000 - $115,000
- Ibotta provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and genetics.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- For the security of our employees and the business, all employees are responsible for the secure handling of data in accordance with our security policies, identifying and reporting phishing attempts, as well as reporting security incidents to the proper channels.