Full Stack Engineer
What You'll Do
You'll have the opportunity to be the first engineering hire (in addition to the CTO), and help us build out the foundation of our platform to be used by the future millions of employees across the globe.
You'll be working alongside the CTO and design team to implement new and enhance existing Zestful features.
We move (very) quickly! No week will be the same, and we'll expect you to be flexible in a super fast - and sometimes chaotic - environment. Some days you'll be fixing bugs, the next you'll be building new things from scratch.
Skills We're Looking For
- 3+ years of experience in full-stack development, preferably in a fast moving environment.
- Have a solid grasp on backend development, preferably with a working knowledge in Rails (or a strong track record of projects using other similar frameworks).
- Strong understanding of SQL is a plus.
- Working knowledge of front-end technologies and languages (HTML/CSS/JS), experience with React or other modern frameworks being a big plus.
- Always curious and interested to learn. We believe learning is a skill, and you'll be expected to learn a lot in very little time (we all are!).
- Super organized and able to stay on top of multiple tasks at once.
- Overall outgoing and optimistic. Rejection is part of the game, so optimism plays a big role in keeping yourself motivated.
- Ability to create tasks for yourself and others. We encourage everyone to challenge what should be done and you'd have an equal say in deciding what we're working on.
A Few Neat Things About Us
- We went through Y Combinator.
- We have some seriously great investors and support around us.
- We are just getting started, meaning you'll play a critical role in helping us build this company (and learn a lot on the way).
- We're committed to creating a diverse and open work environment where all ideas are appreciated and explored.
Some Perks We Offer
- Competitive salary
- Equity in Zestful
- Full health benefits
- 15 days of PTO
- $200/mo allowance to spend on all your favorite products and services
- Ability to work remote
- Flexible hours
- Super serious about work-life balance
- The ability to help us define ALL of the above as we grow