Full-Stack Developer at HomeAdvisor
At HomeAdvisor, we are revolutionizing the way that every American homeowner improves and maintains their home. We do this by creating digital products and experiences to help hundreds of millions of homeowners connect with talented service professionals to get work done. We are a two-sided marketplace that is reimagining how people care for and improve their homes while also nurturing growth of independent small businesses. As #1 in the Homeservices category, our tremendous scale is the launchpad to boundless inventions in technology and product!
At HomeAdvisor, our Engineering organization is driven by innovation and teamwork. We are motivated by new challenges every day to solve unique problems while setting the standard for the home services marketplace. Our co-workers are our collaborators, our teammates and everyone has the opportunity to contribute and build. HomeAdvisor is looking for a Software Engineer – Full Stack with demonstrably strong enterprise web development experience to join our team of dedicated, passionate software engineers.
As a Software Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Contributing as part of a scrum team dedicated to building a quality product
- Designing, implementing and maintaining full stack web applications in Java and Vue.js
- Analyzing product requirements and translating into code
- Debugging and resolving technical issues
- Working cross functionally to build applications, including helping write e2e and Restful API tests
- Building relationships across teams and encouraging a passion for problem solving and coding
- Always looking to innovate and improve by suggesting and implementing new technologies and methodologies into our site and workflow
The folks in this role are usually successful when they have 3-5+ years of experience in:
- Strong Restful API coding fundamentals (ideally Java or similar)
- Enterprise application development experience
- Relational Database experience such as Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL
- RESTful web services and microservice architecture
- Strong belief in using unit testing
- Strong belief in quality as a team initiative
- Version control system tools (GIT) and build management (Jenkins)
- Kafka or similar
- Agile methodologies, SOA and OOP concepts, CI/CD processes
- Bonus points if you’ve worked with AWS, Kubernetes, Docker, NoSQL
Compensation & Benefits:
- The salary band for this position ranges from $80,000-$150,000, commensurate with experience and performance. Compensation may vary based on factors such as cost of living.
- This position will be eligible for a competitive year end performance bonus & equity package.
- Full medical, dental, vision package to fit your needs
- Flexible vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
- Pet discount plans & retirement plan with company match (401K)
- The rare opportunity to work with sharp, motivated teammates solving some of the most unique challenges and changing the world
HomeAdvisor is the self-contained operating business of ANGI Homeservices (NASDAQ: ANGI), a federation of spirited technology companies that build for a better economy. In 2017, Angie’s List and HomeAdvisor combined to create the world’s largest Homeservices marketplace. We love the software that we invent, the millions of service professionals whom we empower and the hundreds of millions of homeowners whose lives we beautify. As a purposeful technology company, we foster a culture of collaboration, and nurture growth through innovation. We are proud to be recognized as a Top Workplace in Denver for 6 years and counting!