Full-Stack Developer at HomeAdvisor
At HomeAdvisor, our Engineering organization is driven by innovation and teamwork. We are motivated by new challenges every day to solve unique problems while setting the standard for the home services marketplace. Our co-workers are our collaborators, our teammates and everyone has the opportunity to contribute and build.
HomeAdvisor is looking for a Software Engineer – Full Stack with demonstrably strong enterprise web development experience to join our team of dedicated, passionate software engineers.
As a Software Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Contributing as part of a scrum team dedicated to building a quality product
- Designing, implementing and maintaining full stack web applications in Java and Vue.js
- Analyzing product requirements and translating into code
- Debugging and resolving technical issues
- Working cross functionally to build applications, including helping write e2e and Restful API tests
- Building relationships across teams and encouraging a passion for problem solving and coding
- Always looking to innovate and improve by suggesting and implementing new technologies and methodologies into our site and workflow
The folks in this role are usually successful when they have 3+ years of experience in:
- Strong Restful API coding fundamentals (ideally Java or similar)
- Enterprise application development experience
- Relational Database experience such as Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL
- RESTful web services and microservice architecture
- Strong belief in using unit testing
- Strong belief in quality as a team initiative
- Version control system tools (GIT) and build management (Jenkins)
- Kafka or similar
- Agile methodologies, SOA and OOP concepts, CI/CD processes
- Bonus points if you’ve worked with AWS, Kubernetes, Docker, NoSQL
All candidates must be eligible to work without sponsorship for any U.S.-based company, now and in the future. Unfortunately, HomeAdvisor cannot provide work sponsorship at this time.
At HomeAdvisor we create the digital tools and services that empower millions of service professionals to connect with hundreds of millions of homeowners. We are a dual sided marketplace that nurtures growth of the independent small business and delivers a seamless experience in home improvement. As #1 in the Homeservices category, our tremendous scale is the launchpad to boundless inventions in technology and product!
HomeAdvisor is the self-contained operating business of ANGI Homeservices (NASDAQ: ANGI), a federation of spirited technology companies that build for a better economy. In 2017, Angie’s List and HomeAdvisor combined to create the world’s largest Homeservices marketplace. We love the software that we invent, the millions of service professionals whom we empower and the hundreds of millions of homeowners whose lives we beautify.
As a purposeful technology company, we foster a culture of collaboration, and nurture growth through innovation. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We are proud to be recognized as a Top Workplace in Denver for 6 years and counting!