Full Stack Developer
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB is currently seeking an EPM Digital C# Full Stack Developer for its Broomfield, Colorado location. Our cohesive high-functioning development team seeks a new member who excels at teamwork and solving problems independently. We are interested in a team member who contributes their own ideas and drive to implement innovative technology solutions. We build and support software offerings which help energy industry professionals understand market data to make better day-to-day decisions. Check out an overview of one of our latest releases here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SHlHD35v68 .
- Demonstrates solid technical proficiency in own competence area by performing a variety of technology/engineering assignments which demonstrates independent ability to recognize problems and provide input to solutions
- Participate in the software development life cycle utilizing Agile methodologies and tools
- Requirements gathering and analysis activities such as storyboarding, developing use cases, and creating functional requirements specifications
- Responsible for the detailed technical design and development of software components/features
- Contribute to the estimation of effort and breakdown of work into tasks
- Create data delivery mechanism via Restful web services/APIs and optimize calls for high performance consumption while ensuring it is highly maintainable
- Hands on designing and building micro-services along with use of message queues
- Ability to understand the data and data stores behind the API (SQL, NoSQL, etc.)
- Take responsibility for feature focused unit and system testing.
- Contribute to user acceptance testing procedures and monitoring results
- Provide technical leadership for solutions developed
- Identify and communicate risks and opportunities at the solution level
- Drive an increase in software component reuse, platforms and environment consolidation and champion the goal of reducing overall IT costs
- Work closely with Product teams ensuring that there is business confidence in the solution being delivered
- Ability to create documentation within the code and to support knowledge transfer about the code
- Create innovative and scalable solutions that are performant and highly maintainable
- Maintains awareness of new and emerging technologies and the potential application of those technologies within the solutions being developed
- Support the installation, configuration, tuning, and monitoring of various technologies encompassing an Azure-based solution
- Perform software deployments and releases
- Understands the key business drivers for ABB in order to make judgments and contribute to results.
- Strong team player with a high degree of self-motivation
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum of 5 years of full stack development experience OR
- Master’s degree and minimum of 3 years of full stack development experience
- Candidate must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the United States