Frontend Engineer - DTC
The following knowledge skills and attributes are required:
- Strong written and presentation skills, comfortable working directly with clients
- Very strong knowledge of web UI execution (HTML/CSS/JS)
- Adobe Creative Suite, or similar (Sketch, Invision)
- Hands-on knowledge of file version control systems such as GIT
- In-depth knowledge of responsive design practices, including cross-browser and device compatibility issues and limitations
- A strong portfolio displaying examples of web execution
- 5+ years' experience supporting web projects
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in either Graphic Design or CS/IT curriculum
The following knowledge skills and attributes are preferred:
- General understanding of Agile Development processes
- High attention to detail, pixel-perfect execution, and able to solve visual design challenges
- Ability to give and receive Feedback. A central part of living our core values is our environment of safe, timely, and direct feedback. We require and coach our employees on how to provide constructive and critical feedback to their peers, reports, and leadership. This can take on many forms; written, verbal, in a group setting, and one-on-one, and can involve topics ranging from job performance and leadership effectiveness to root cause analysis, communication, and integrity. While not always comfortable, we see the ability to give and receive feedback in a safe environment as a job requirement common across all practices and roles, and a vital aspect of our culture and continuous improvement.
- Possesses a high level of Integrity. Acts ethically and is above reproach. Builds trust through their honesty, reliability, and authenticity. Possesses a strong concern for the needs of his/her colleagues. Takes tough principled stands even if they are unpopular. Meets commitments and keeps promises
- Demonstrates Self-control. Manages his/her impulsive feelings and distressing emotions and operates without any personal agenda. Stays composed, positive and unflappable even in trying moments. Thinks clearly and stays composed and focused under pressure.
- Must be Flexible. Smoothly handles multiple demands, shifting priorities and rapid change. Is able to work collaboratively to get things done. Proactively seeks the advice and suggestions of peers, subordinates, and superiors. Adapts strategies and tactics to fit fluid circumstances. Is flexible in how he/she sees events.
- Is Optimistic. Demonstrates a positive mental attitude. Persists in seeking goals despite obstacles and setbacks. Operates from a hope of success rather than a fear of failure. Sees setbacks as due to manageable circumstances rather than a personal flaw.
- Continuously Develops Others. Committed to the continuous process of education and development of self and colleagues. Acknowledges people's strengths and accomplishments. Offers useful feedback and helps to identify others' needs for future growth and improvement. Mentors and gives timely coaching that fosters an individual's skills.
- Able to Intuitively Understand the way people think and work. Understands the forces that shape views and actions of clients, customers, or competitors. Accurately reads an organizational and external reality.
- Models Leadership qualities. Articulates and arouses enthusiasm for a shared vision and mission. Leads by example.
- Is a catalyst for Change. Recognizes the need for change and removes barriers. Challenges the status quo to acknowledge the need for change. Champions the change and enlists others in its pursuit.
- Fosters Excellence in Communication. Is effective in give-and-take, registering emotional cues in attuning their message. Deals with difficult issues straightforwardly. Listens well; seeks mutual understanding and welcomes the sharing of information fully. Fosters open communication and stays receptive to bad news as well as good.