SonderMind is looking for an experienced web developer to join us and be responsible for our marketing websites. Your work will be the external facing experience our clients and practitioners interact with on a daily basis as we are shaping and scaling our websites. We are building our sites for scale, security, performance, maintainability, and portability as we experience exponential growth in redesigning how clients interact with mental health.
In this role, you have the opportunity to be the primary owner of our web experience, be a member of a cross-functional team supporting corporate marketing strategies, and be expected to work with product, brand, and marketing teams to grow our capabilities. You will be supported by our DevOps and infrastructure teams to create scalable solutions.
Our ideal candidate is detail-oriented, driven and has the ability to manage projects through completion. You will need to be comfortable with owning the new architecture, designing and modifying our user experience and developing our web presence for years to come as we grow. To be successful, you will need to have top notch coding skills, communicate clearly with stakeholders and be able to drive and deliver multiple projects in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
What you will be doing
- Build web pages and amazing web experiences by developing and implementing front-end web code to design/code standards in clean, semantic code
- Help develop technical and product roadmaps and assist in the evaluation, development, and roll-out of new development technologies, tools, and frameworks
- Integrate, develop and design how our new headless CMS system will work on site, across other platforms and allow for efficient content updates by non-technical content producers across multiple teams
- Write modular, secure, and well-tested front-end code (React/JS, AngularJS, HTML, and CSS) with a focus on performance, fast page load times and improving conversion rates
- Design and prototype new features, while delivering improvements and optimizations to existing web properties
- Collaborate with web designers, marketers, DevOps, and engineering
- Manage integrations, APIs and documentation of how site is architected
- Actively participate in all development lifecycle activities like release planning, coding, testing, and deployment
- Designing and developing better user experiences and measuring the effect on those through A/B tests
- Future-proofing our sites with maintenance fixes, updating features, and rolling out responsive, mobile-friendly platforms
What you will bring with you
- Problem solver with a cool head
- Comfortable with ambiguity
- 5+ years of solid experience in Frontend Development
- 3+ years experience using JS frameworks like Angular/React
- 2+ years experience with building websites using a headless CMS
- Experience delivering digital projects that extensively use APIs (REST, GraphQL) and/or content management systems
- Familiarity with version control systems like Github
- Experience with design tools, such as Photoshop, InDesign
- Use automated testing and validation tools (for Q/A, A/B testing, etc.)
- Working knowledge of AWS server infrastructure, deployment tools and DNS management
- Experience with Google Analytics/Adobe Analytics, GTM, ATM, Google Optimize and other event tracking/analytic software tools
- Working knowledge of site search tools
- Experience integrating Marketo, HubSpot, Salesforce Marketing Cloud or other Marketing Automation tools with website experience
- This role is located in Denver, CO and is a full-time, exempt position
- Starting compensation for this role is $90,000. Actual title and compensation are commensurate with experience and skills
- This role will be eligible to participate in the following:
- full employee benefits package
- employee stock option purchase plan
- variable performance-based bonus incentives
Commitment to an Inclusive Workplace
Mental wellness impacts people of every community. At SonderMind, building and supporting a diverse workforce is foundational to our goal to redesign behavioral healthcare to be more approachable and accessible. SonderMind is a committed equal opportunity employer and provides a workplace that will not tolerate discrimination or harassment.
Our employees may be exposed to sensitive personal information throughout their regular duties. For this reason, we maintain exceptionally high expectations of ethical conduct and require all incoming employees to pass a background check.
Our Employee Benefits Philosophy
As a leader in redesigning behavioral health we are walking the walk with our employee benefits package. We focus on meeting SonderMinders wherever they are and supporting them in all facets of their life with both mental and physical aspects in mind. Where most companies say "good enough" we ask ourselves "how can we do better." That includes:
- Therapy coverage benefits to enable our employees to get the care they need
- Employer-paid disability & AD&D to cover life's unexpected - not only that, we cover the difference in salary for up to Eight weeks of short-term disability leave
- Eight weeks of paid parental leave (if the parent also qualifies for STD, this benefit is in addition)
- A generous PTO policy and a company mandate of at MINIMUM three-weeks of PTO a year; flexible work-from-home policy
- A commitment to reward our team members for the long-term success and growth of SonderMind with stock option grants and bonus potential
- Competitive market salary, up-to 4% salary company match on 401K, professional development and advancement opportunities as we rapidly scale, and so much more.