CircleCI is looking for an experienced engineer for the circleci.com website and related properties.About Web Development & Optimization at CircleCI:
The Web Development & Optimization Team owns the web marketing strategy. We work on marketing campaigns, execute A/B experiments, and optimize the web platform. We work closely with the User Experience team to run usability tests and craft new web pages.What you'll do:
- Build new web elements (web pages, components, and integrations)
- Simplify existing services
- Scale our systems, as we rapidly grow and evolve, optimizing for SEO, accessibility, and speed
- Scale the platform for multi-language capabilities
- Develop cross-platform search capabilities with Algolia
- Develop for A/B tests, using Optimizely
- Implement analytics on the website with Segment and Google Analytics
- Integrate automated testing as part of the build process
- Manage the DevOps toolchain, using CircleCI
We’re looking for someone who enjoys collaboration, is curious and interested in learning, brings strong communication and teamwork skills, and helps others grow by sharing their expertise and encouraging best practices. If this sounds like you, here’s the additional experience we’re looking for:
- Experience writing, deploying, and operating high quality, well-tested, observable front-end code with some experience across the entire technology stack
- Proven experience architecting applications and services - primarily those with user interfaces - using well-accepted design patterns to allow for iterative, autonomous development and future scaling
- The ability to articulate opinions about user interface and user experience design, an understanding of how your work impacts our users, and an eye for design and detail
- A deep appreciation and understanding of testing and its value in operating services at scale
- A desire to mentor teammates in an open, respectful, flexible, empathetic manner
- Experience in the day-to-day practices of continuous delivery and agile development
- Technologies: GitHub, Jekyll, Ruby, HTML, Sass, JavaScipt, TypeScript, React, Next, Splunk, Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Salesforce, Marketo, Amplitude, and Segment
We know there’s no such thing as a “perfect” candidate - we’re all a work in progress and are growing new skills and capabilities all the time. CircleCI welcomes those passionate about learning and evolving, so however you identify and whatever your background, if this looks like a role where you could do your best work, we hope you’ll apply.Working remotely at CircleCI
We’re a distributed company with teammates across the world. For this role, we can support you working remotely anywhere in the United States or Canada.About CircleCI
CircleCI is the world’s largest shared continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform, and the central hub where code moves from idea to delivery. As one of the most-used DevOps tools that processes more than 1 million builds a day, CircleCI has unique access to data on how engineering teams work, and how their code runs. Companies like Spotify, Coinbase, Stitch Fix, and BuzzFeed use us to improve engineering team productivity, release better products, and get to market faster.
Founded in 2011 and headquartered in downtown San Francisco with a global, remote workforce, CircleCI is venture-backed by IVP, Sapphire Ventures, Owl Rock, NextEquity Partners, Scale Venture Partners, Threshold Ventures, Baseline Ventures, Top Tier Capital Partners, Industry Ventures, Heavybit, and Harrison Metal Capital. Learn more at https://circleci.com.
CircleCI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.