Front End Engineering Manager (Hybrid-Remote) at Go Container Scale (Greater Denver Area, CO)
Store Code: Front End Development (27643)
What’s Our Dish
Announced in May 2018, Peapod Digital Labs (PDL) is an Ahold Delhaize USA company that powers the eCommerce and digital strategies for the Great Local Brands of Ahold Delhaize USA. Accelerating growth in digital and personalization capabilities, PDL is an innovation lab focused on meeting the changing needs of customers, regardless of when, where, and how consumers choose to shop.
Browse the Aisles
Peapod Digital Labs (PDL) is looking for a bright, energetic Engineering Manager to join our team! You will have the opportunity to make a significant impact on our client-facing, web-based customer experience, as well as interface with our Loyalty Integration team. In addition to having direct influence in these areas, you will also be indirectly involved within the mobile, core services, and back-end business service application spaces. PDL prides itself on creating the next generation ecommerce platform for our valued retailers.
As an Engineering Manager at PDL, you take a data-driven approach to problem solving, particularly when it comes to process, but also in code and system design. You can see the patterns amidst the noise and can pick out the pieces to streamline and optimize. In fact, you love optimization so much you coordinate performance-first approaches to improving our platform utilizing evidence from a variety of tools including DataDog, DataDome, Splunk, and Cloudflare, as well as self-authored utilities for sophisticated time-based analyses. You understand how SLAs (Service Level Agreement) and SLOs tie into performance and the maturation of a high-quality product.
You value radical candor. You are honest and courageous with both integrity and humility. A true team player, you work to make continuous, iterative improvements, always striving to be 1% better, every day.
You strive to remove barriers to success and are skilled at forecasting resource planning for the successful execution of engineering projects. You ensure others have the information, resources, training, and the implementation time needed to succeed. This means you develop and communicate logical, convincing justifications, including lessons learned, to build commitment and support. You work closely with the engineers to ensure initiatives are being met in a timely fashion, providing status reports and regular updates, forecasting completion based on identified metrics.
Recipe for Success - What's “in store” for the role
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related field. Master's degree preferred.
- 5+ years management experience
- 8+ years of leadership roles on software development programs
- A proven record of accomplishment including leading and completion of notable technology initiatives and examples of successful application of interpersonal skills
Extra Spices - What you should bring to the table
- You are an analytic thinker. You appreciate that the scientific approach and objective openness to problem solving is fundamental
- Bundlers are the name of the game, optimized to build in parallel and provide hot reloading for our developers. You advise on best practices and understand that efforts to be efficient now save not only money, but also directly build an outstanding culture and enjoyable work environment.
- Organization skills: you have a strong background in project/program management, are adept at utilizing Jira and all it has to offer including Initiatives, Epics, Dashboards, and Advanced Roadmap planning.
- You are a coach and a mentor, not only to your engineers, but because this is an inherent quality you possess, others look to you for your influential guidance from across the organization. You can independently influence and resolve conflicts with others.
- You are fearless and experienced in delivering products against a plan in a fast-paced, multi-disciplined, distributed-responsibility and often ambiguous environment.
- Your interpersonal skills are on point; you possess excellent written and verbal communication skills but are also strongly technical and a problem solver.
- You are confident and decisive. You prioritize and analyze tradeoffs and possess the technical and business skills to understand, test, and challenge while also working harmoniously with both business and technology owners.
- Carpe diem. You seize the opportunities that lie before you, and with those you drive effective teamwork, communication, collaboration, and commitment across multiple disparate groups with competing priorities to get that work done.
Join Us at Our Table
Peapod Digital Labs is a forward-thinking company with a strong legacy of innovation. We recognize who powers our progress – our people! We offer a great variety of benefits and perks to our employees, including: great health care options, including PPO and HSA plans (with company contributions), dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, a 401k with strong company match and immediate vesting, and generous and flexible paid time off.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to sex, race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, religion, age, marital status (including civil unions), military service, veteran status, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, legally recognized disability, domestic violence victim status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Requisition: 249513_external_USA-PA-Carlisle_5172022