Front-End Engineer at GutCheck
At GutCheck, we pioneered agile market research to provide our clients with actionable answers and insights, globally, at the speed of their business. We believe in the power of consumer research, and we are dedicated to providing best-in-class solutions. By challenging the status quo to get to something better, we are continually evaluating new, innovative ways to take tried-and-true methods and make them more agile to best support our clients, helping them think smarter and act faster.
About the Role
You will work closely with the product development team, UX designers, and the broader Engineering team to craft elegant solutions to architectural challenges for the front end tier of our SOA, SPA-based applications. In short, if you’re passionate about optimizing load times, get a charge out making apps as small as possible, and get a thrill out of writing nifty reusable modules you should definitely talk to us! We’re moving to React from a legacy AngularJS platform while leveraging the latest goodies like ES6, TypeScript, component-based architecture. All the front-end goodies you could wish for!
What You'll Do:
- Tee It Up! Live by and champion our cultural values of Team, Educated Opinion, Economic Thinking, Intellectual Honesty, and Trust
- Bring a passion for learning, contributing to keeping our application up-to-speed with the latest proven technologies and design approaches
- Create and implement new UI concepts and features that are clean, simple, and intuitive
- Implement highly interactive front-end features and graphical designs
- Integrate new ideas and technologies while seeking optimal ways to build quality products
- Write clean, high performance code in an organization that appreciates pixel perfection, future friendliness, and testability
- Write unit and integration tests
- Collaborate with other Engineering team members, as well as members of other departments, in fast-paced Agile software development environment
- An understanding of test frameworks (jasmine, mocha, react-testing-library, cypress, etc.)
- An understanding of RESTful services and how to consume them
- An understanding of version control and related services (git, Bitbucket, Github)
- Experience working with designers turning wireframes and mockups into HTML/CSS
- Knowledge of compatibility and cross-browser issues
- Outstanding verbal, written, time management, and multi-tasking skills
- Enjoy working with a collaborative team in a fast-paced, Agile environment
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent experienceBonus Points:
GutCheck is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, genetic information, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.