All roles at JumpCloud are Remote in the U.S. unless otherwise specified in the Job Description.
Do you enjoy solving challenging problems using the latest technologies within a great team? Is knowing your work will be highly visible and mission critical a key component for the next step in your career? At JumpCloud, we’re looking for best-in-class talent to help define the future of modern identity and device management from the ground up.
JumpCloud’s mission is to Make Work Happen®, providing simple, secure access to corporate technology resources from any device, or any location. The JumpCloud Directory Platform gives IT, security operations, and DevOps a single, cloud-based solution to control and manage employee identities, their devices, and apply conditional access controls based on Zero Trust principals. JumpCloud has a global user base of more than 100,000 organizations, with over 4,000 customers including Cars.com, Grab, ClassPass, Uplight, Beyond Finance and Foursquare. JumpCloud is backed by BlackRock, General Atlantic, OpenView, and Foundry Group.
JumpCloud is looking for a talented Software Engineer to join the Growth Engineering Team with a focus in front-end development and UX. This unique, cross-functional team comprises Marketing, Product, UX, Technical Writing, Customer Education, Data Analytics and Engineering team members. The team’s mission is to optimize the user experience, implement new features, and reduce customer friction using metrics and experimentation to improve customer satisfaction and business results.
What you’ll be doing:
You’ll have the opportunity to learn and work in our entire tech stack, with a focus in the front end of our customer facing web apps. You’ll cross-functionally collaborate to contribute to ideas, approach, sizing, design, implementation, and validation of new or enhanced features and experiments. You’ll leverage and enhance usage analytics as a means to better understand our customers and as a measure of effectiveness of our outcomes. You'll work in a highly collaborative Agile team with a focus on delivering incremental value often. Together we are building the future of cloud-based secure access to apps and IT resources for people working anywhere.
We're looking for:
- 5+ years of industry/production programming experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree, preferably in Comp Sci, or equivalent training / experience
- Experience in unit test development
- Experience or willingness to learn BDD acceptance test automation development. Python knowledge is a plus
- Ability and willingness to mentor others to become more effective software engineers
- Excellent communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills with the ability to be productive in a collaborative cross-functional team using Agile/Scrum
- Strong team player that wants to win together with flexibility to adapt and maintain productivity in a high-growth, dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- You’re picky about CSS and delivering awesome UX.Experience
- Collaborating with UX Designers and/or UX Researchers
- Experience developing large-scale web applications, SaaS applications in the cloud (AWS a plus) or large, distributed systems.
- Knowledge of database development, including relational and non-relational databases
- Experience in an environment that uses customer and system analytics data to drive iterative product development
- Familiarity with A/B testing techniques.
In accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the approximate annual compensation range for this role is $90,000-$150,000, including base salary and any related bonuses or commissions. JumpCloud provides comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, short and long term disability, life insurance and a 401k savings plan. We have an unlimited vacation policy and our benefits start on day one of employment.
Where you’ll be working
All our roles are remote in the U.S. unless otherwise specified. Our Headquarters is in the Denver/Boulder, CO area. Once we reopen our offices you will have the opportunity to remain fully remote (in the U.S.), work from one of our office locations (CO only currently) or flex your time.
If you thrive working in a fast, SaaS-based environment and you are passionate about solving challenging technical problems, we look forward to hearing from you! JumpCloud is an incredible place to share and grow your expertise! You’ll work with amazing talent across each department who are passionate about our mission. We’re out of the box thinkers, so your unique ideas and approaches for conceiving a product and/or feature will be welcome. You’ll have a voice in the organization as you work with a seasoned executive team, a supportive board and in a proven market that our customers are excited about.
Please submit your résumé and brief explanation about yourself and why you would be a good fit for JumpCloud. Please note JumpCloud is not accepting third party resumes at this time.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Read Full Job Description