Front End Developer
Front End Developer
Scaled Agile, Inc., (SAI) (https://www.scaledagile.com) is the provider of SAFe®, the world’s leading framework for enterprise agility. Through learning and certification, a global partner network, and a growing community of over 250,000 trained professionals, SAI helps enterprises build better systems, increase employee engagement, and improve business outcomes.
Based in Boulder, Colorado, SAI is a member of the Pledge 1% corporate philanthropy movement. Through this program, SAI contributes to the local community and seeks to inspire and encourage other companies to the same purpose.
Overview of the position:
We are looking for a mid to senior level Front End Developer with enterprise CMS experience, including WordPress. The ideal candidate will have a visual portfolio that demonstrates strong JS, HTML, and CSS skills. Expertise implementing usability and accessibility best practices with responsive design are required. Join us at Scaled Agile and become part of a high-performing team that values collaboration, quality, and regular improvement at a sustainable pace -all while delivering competitive compensation and respecting your work/life balance.
What you’ll be doing:
- Collaborate with stakeholders to design and develop new features and enhancements on our web properties and infrastructure.
- Assume technical lead role in research, evaluation, implementation and support of future web technologies.
- Research, implement and maintain tools to drive efficiencies and workflow improvements.
- Implement, maintain, and support our web analytic capabilities.
- Assist with front end development on the SAFe Community Platform.
- Optimize our infrastructure hosting for cost, availability, and capabilities.
- Participate in Agile team ceremonies (daily standups, iteration planning, retrospectives, etc).
The right skills:
- A web/project portfolio that demonstrates your talent
- Expertise implementing usability and accessibility best practices (including ARIA)
- Talent for building user interfaces using JS, jQuery, AJAX, HTML, CSS and Responsive Design
- 3+ years experience working with enterprise CMS systems including Wordpress (themes, plugins, etc)
- 5+ years progressive development experience, primarily focused on web applications
- Experience leveraging technologies to provide data-driven intelligence
- A strong desire to continually improve in your craft
- Collaborative skills with technical and non-technical stakeholders with a positive attitude coupled with the ability to solve problems and drive projects to conclusion
- Experience using Agile practices and the benefits it can provide to teams and organizations
Nice to have:
- Bachelor’s Degree (or above) in Computer Science
- Experience working with AWS services and other hosting technologies
- Experience leveraging Git and other SCM tools to manage Wordpress environments (dev/staging/prod/etc)
- Interest in open source and enterprise CMS systems
- Experience in Salesforce lightning UI development
- Experience working in a mobile first environment
Our team values
- Collaboration - In order to achieve the best results we collaborate with our peers, both on the team and across teams. You’ll need to have good communications skills and you’ll be expected to interact with colleagues as part of your daily work.
- Teamwork - We all have good ideas and we encourage everyone on the team to contribute their thoughts on how to best accomplish the work. We encourage our teammates to pair on tasks as needed and share their solutions with the team.
- Prioritization - We regularly plan with the business to understand the most important projects and why they are valuable. However we also know that often the unexpected happens, and so we re-prioritize as needed.
- Quality - Quality is part of our DNA, and we make time to ensure our work meet these standards.
- Demonstration - We regularly celebrate our work through formal and informal demos. They provide us keen insight into the important question: are we building the right solution?
- Learning - We are always learning new things and experimenting. We give ourselves time to experiment with new technologies and make pivot or preserve decisions. You’ll be given the means to keep current in your career aspirations, and you’ll be highly encouraged to use it.
- Sustainable Pace - We believe there is a time and place for heroics, but we do not believe that heroics should be required to fulfill our commitments. When an unexpected event happens, we will evaluate the root causes and prioritize changes to prevent it from happening in the future. When a project becomes unexpectedly huge, we will adjust the schedule to accommodate it, or re-scope it in accordance to its value to the business.
- Regular Improvement - At Scaled Agile we give each team authority over how they deliver their work. We regularly inspect and adapt our practices to fine-tune how we work, and we encourage team members to bring their ideas on better ways to get things done.
- Innovation - We actively encourage our team members to figure out new and innovative ways to get work done. You’ll be given time to work out your ideas and share them with the team. In the end we all want to work smarter, not harder.
Where you’ll be working: This position is based in our corporate headquarters and learning center in Boulder, CO.
Why Scaled Agile?
This is a place for people who love technology environments, geek out on Methodologies and are always thinking about how things can be improved. While we have free snacks and a nice office environment, Foosball and a kegerator are not what we’re about.
We are a group of seasoned professionals and systems thinkers who are passionate about our mission of helping the biggest organizations in the world improve the way they produce software and creating real value.
We're profitable, we're Agile, and because we’re still small, every single person in this organization has a big impact on our success.
If you are looking for an opportunity to contribute to the direction and success of a vibrant business we'd love to hear from you. Please provide a resume, with a few thoughts on why you think you’d be a great fit. (We still read cover letters.)