Front End Architect at FIS
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
This position is being filled by the WRA -Wealth and Retirement Administration division, specifically Retirement. Retirement provides software and services for Retirement industry. This includes services for Mutual Fund Companies, Financial Institutions and Corporations. This position is part of the Tech Dev group that includes development and quality assurance for software services. The team is global with members in the US and India.
What you will be doing
- Documents and publishes appropriate architecture principles and standards, position papers, blueprints, best practices, patterns, and frameworks.
- Defines, constructs, supports, and provides training for enterprise frameworks.
- Defines and maintains a library of functional component models within and across FIS product lines.
- Documents functional product solutions for key FIS product strategy and product management initiatives leveraging defined functional component model libraries and the defined product line architecture roadmap.
- Documents functional product solutions for key FIS financial services sales opportunities leveraging defined functional component model libraries and the defined product line architecture roadmap.
- Maintains a catalogue of reusable functional application components consumable across applications and product lines.
- Reviews functional and technical designs to identify areas of risk and/or missing requirements.
- Acts as tie breaker on design decisions.
- Documents and communicates opportunities to leverage inter-project synergies, application and enterprise software or infrastructure asset re-use and opportunities to expose application assets for enterprise consumption.
- Communicates system architecture to technical and business audiences.
- Other related duties assigned as needed.
What you bring:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or engineering or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience. Post-graduate education desired
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working in an architect capacity
- Proven experience working with HTML5 and CSS3
- Expert knowledge and experience in Angular (ie Lazy loaded modules, singleton implementation, Angular CLI, etc)
- TypeScript Knowledge on interfaces, type definitions and decorators.
- Async Programming Knowledge on Promises & Observables. Difference between them and scenarios on when to use them appropriately.
- Source Control Knowledge on Git commands and understanding of branching, PR etc.,
- Authentication Understanding of Single Sign-on, JWT Tokens & OAUTH2.
- Sound knowledge of Databases - Oracle, Postgres
- Debugging & Performance knowledge on effectively utilizing the Dev Tools for debugging the UI issues.
- Should know best practices on improving the overall web app performance.
- In-depth knowledge of end-to-end systems development life cycles including waterfall and Agile
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization, e.g., executive, management, individual contributors
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, problem-solving, team and time management skills
- Ability to persuade and influence others on the best approach to take
- Ability to estimate work effort for project sub-plans or small projects and ensure the project is successfully completed
- Positive outlook, strong work ethic and responsive to internal and external customers and contacts
- Willingly and successfully fulfills the role of teacher, mentor, and coach
Added bonus if you have:
- Retirement Industry knowledge
- Cloud technology experience such as AWS
- Knowledge of Java
What we offer you
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A modern, international work environment and a dedicated and motivated team
- A competitive salary and benefits
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- Time to support charities and give back in your community
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.