Front End Architect
As a Front End Architect, you will provide technical direction and support for Vertafore's corporate vision with both a deep and broad specialization in architecting and implementing state-of-the-art web applications. You will help the CTO and Enterprise Architecture Team unify products and systems to a common platform, define standard principles and frameworks for consistency across Vertafore, and provide knowledge and support to the Vertafore development community to increase adoption of enterprise or domain-specific standards.
Your communication skills will help disseminate our technical vision, guidelines, and technologies to other architects and developments teams, Product Management, Operations teams, and Executives across Vertafore.
Front End Architects translate business requirements into implementable technology solutions that balance cost, speed of delivery, and value while leveraging existing technologies and standards whenever possible.
As a hands-on architect you will work with teams of engineers to transform the way our customers do business. The challenges you will face include designing our next generation of web and mobile applications, working with services teams to build micro service-based applications that can deliver flexible capabilities to different user bases, and providing technical leadership to teams to achieve Vertafore's product vision through active mentoring, technical decision-making, and driving and facilitating company-wide collaboration.
Over the past 40 years, Vertafore has advanced the business of insurance by bringing together the best software in the industry to help agencies, carriers, and MGAs run their organizations. Today, we're proud to say hundreds of thousands of Vertafore users rely on our solutions to write business faster, cut costs, and fuel growth by increasing collaboration and streamlining processes. Vertafore helps our customers deliver exceptional value to their clients with innovative, intuitive, and comprehensive products and services. Vertafore leads the industry with secure, cloud-based products that provide superior reporting and analytics, delivering actionable insight- right when customers need it most.
- Develop the architecture of Single Page Web Applications.
- Determine the model for high-level web component reuse.
- Develop the strategy for creating white-label applications that can be customized for different customers.
- Present and evangelize Vertafore's front end architecture and standards to executives, development teams, and product management teams.
- Code frameworks, reusable components, and applications while taking into account performance, scalability, and maintainability.
- Collaborate with other architects, the UX team, and Product Management to design and build compelling user experiences.
- Mentor development team members and lead by example in your efforts to mentor, collaborate, and write awesome code.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field.
- 5+ years front-end development experience.
- Deep experience with either Angular or React and broad understanding of JS frameworks in general.
- Experience in responsive UI design and implementation, preferably using Bootstrap.
- Extensive experience with modern UI testing frameworks.
- Expert in UI performance optimization techniques.
- Experience designing and building Single Page Applications.
- Strong foundation in HTML5, CSS3, ES6+.
- Solid understanding of REST, JSON, DOM.
- Experience with and enthusiasm for providing constructive feedback in code reviews and for pull requests.
- Experience with Web Application state management strategies.
- Highly proficient in communicating technical issues with developers, product owners, executives, and other stakeholders. Experience acting as a technical liaison between Product Management, Development, and Operations.
- Demonstrable interest in emerging / nascent technologies.
- Experience with producing architecture diagrams and supporting documentation.
- Able to plan, conduct, and report on architecture and design reviews.
- Experience designing and building reusable high-level we components.
- Experience with authentication and authorization techniques and standards (e.g. OAuth).
- Extensive knowledge of microservice architectures and experience in API design.
- Extensive experience with Git.
- Deep understanding of the theory and practice of functional programming.
- Full stack development experience.
- Java-based service development experience.