[Foundations] VP of Engineering, Infrastructure and Platform at Checkr
Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving understanding of the past. We believe all candidates, regardless of who they are, should have a fair chance to work. Established in 2014 and valued at $4.6B, Checkr is using technology to bring hiring to the next level. Our People Trust Platform uses machine learning to help thousands of companies modernize their background check process and make hiring safer, more efficient, and more inclusive. Some of our customers include, Uber, Instacart, Doordash, Netflix, Compass Group, and Adecco.
A career with Checkr is an opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest minds, disrupt an industry for a better future, and give otherwise overlooked candidates access to employment. Checkr has been recognized in Forbes Best Startup Employers and is a top Y Combinator company by valuation.
Checkr is looking for an experienced VP of Engineering, Infrastructure and Platform to own our infrastructure, platform, SRE, security, quality, and engineering support teams. Our team is responsible for developing and maintaining our infrastructure to enable all aspects of our business, including production, development, UAT, and sales and customer demos. In addition, the full developer experience, from code commit, to CI/CD, testing, and deployment to various environments are the responsibility of this leader. Engineering support, which fixes and triages issues before they reach our wider engineering teams, also roll up to this leader. The ideal candidate is a highly collaborative leader equally at home interacting with product and engineering teams, as well as CS and Sales teams. This leader will help to organize, prioritize, and drive key architectural changes across the organization to ensure we are making the changes we need to make to support our business goals and future expansion. The ability to report performance and reliability metrics clearly for the entire company is extremely important.
What we value in a VP of Engineering, Infrastructure and Platform:
- 12+ years as an engineering leader with 8+ years managing managers
- Experience building platforms and infrastructure that work at scale, including developer, quality, and security platforms
- Able to lead organizations through architectural shifts (e.g. monolith to services)
- Experience managing the needs of both internal and external customers
- Equally comfortable with technical team members, executives, and customers
- Experience in leading diverse, equitable, and inclusive teams through retention, development, and recruiting
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Learning and development allowance
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Flexible PTO policy
- Monthly wellness stipend, home office stipend
The base salary for this position will vary based on geography and other factors. In accordance with Colorado law, the base salary for this role if filled within Colorado is $253,300-$298,000.
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.